Mozilla VPN, the name itself suggests that it is a VPN service from Mozilla. Play Store of Android TV includes the official app for Moziall VPN, so you can easily and directly download it on your TV from the Store. If you can’t find the app, then you can go for a sideloading method to get this app. It is the most compatible VPN service for the Firefox browser on Android TV.
Mozilla VPN is an open-source VPN launched in beta as Firefox Private Network. This VPN has more than 400 servers in almost 30 different countries. Mozilla VPN service is available in the US, UK, Canada, France, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Ireland, Spain, Singapore, and more. As necessary, Mozilla VPN masks your IP address so that you can surf and stream through the internet with absolute safety and privacy.
With one subscription to Mozilla VPN, you can use it on five devices. In addition, the VPN service follows a no-logging policy with zero bandwidth restrictions. These features make Mozilla VPN one of the best VPN services for all of your devices. Let’s find out how to add and stream Mozilla VPN on Android TV.
Table of Contents
You can get access to the Mozilla VPN subscription by paying $4.99 per month.
How to Install Mozilla VPN on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Mozilla VPN in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Mozilla VPN from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the Mozilla VPN app.
7. Sign in to the app with the valid credentials or sign up with the new account.
8. Connect to the server location you want and then start accessing the media content or app you want.
How to Sideload Mozilla VPN APK on Android TV
If you can’t find the Mozilla VPN app on the Play Store of Android TV, then you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to connect to the location wherever you want.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link of Mozilla VPN APK’s latest version: bitly.ws/Z4vI
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Smart TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Mozilla VPN app and enjoy hassle-free internet surfing on your TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
Mozilla VPN Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the Mozilla VPN app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like app freezing, improper connectivity, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Mozilla VPN accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
Mozilla VPN Alternatives
If you feel that Mozilla VPN isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to use the VPN service. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Mozilla VPN.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Mozilla VPN is officially available on the Play Store of Android TV.
Mozilla VPN works fine with Netflix on Android TV, and you can unlock geographic restrictions that prevent you from watching your favorite shows.