Are you a movie enthusiast? If so, then you can try MovieBox Pro on your Android TV. MovieBox Pro lets you watch the latest movies and TV shows seamlessly on high quality with subtitles. Unfortunately, MovieBox Pro is unavailable officially on the Google Play Store. But you can still get the app by sideloading through Downloader.
With the app’s latest version, you can discover a large section of classic movies and kid’s content. MovieBox Pro allows users to download movies and TV shows on their Smart TV. This gives the flexibility to watch them offline anytime. For safer streaming, we suggest you use VPN on your Android TV.
How to Sideload MovieBox Pro APK on Android TV
The MovieBox Pro is yet to be available for Android TV. To use the MovieBox Pro, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install Downloader on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app from the Android TV home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left panel, and enter the download link of MovieBox Pro APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the MovieBox Pro APK on your TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and enjoy plenty of free movies and TV shows.
How to Cast MovieBox Pro on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app, you can screen mirror the MovieBox Pro app from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Sideload the MovieBox Pro APK on your Android smartphone from a trusted source.
3. Log in to the MovieBox Pro app if needed.
4. Play the video content on the MovieBox Pro app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
If you feel uncomfortable with using the MovieBox Pro app, you can try out some best alternative platforms to watch your favorite media content.
Movie HD is one of the best apps available to stream Movies and TV shows for free. It has hundreds of on-demand content which ensure unlimited entertainment. Like MovieBox Pro, it also allows you to download movies and stream them later. You can watch the content on Movie HD ad-free. The APK lets you filter the content by Genre, Year, Rating, Type, and more.
Freeflix HQ is also the best alternative to MovieBox Pro. The app offers selected live TV channels, where you can stream sports events and TV shows without a buffer. It allows you to stream movies using external media player support like VLC and MX Player. Freeflix HQ provides subtitles for more than 50 languages which makes you watch the favorite content in your preferred language.
Vudu is a premium streaming platform that offers movies and series on a rental basis. Apart from that, you can stream the content for free but with little ad interruption. You can stream the content in HD quality and experience fine sound quality as it supports Dolby Atmos. For occasional streaming users, Vudu will be the best choice to opt for.
Tubi TV is a free and legal streaming platform. It has more than 50,000+ titles with different genres like Romance, Drama, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Crime, and more. You can also watch content from the best networks, such as Paramount, MGM, Lionsgate, and more. You can watch the content in HD quality but with limited ad interruptions.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Unfortunately, the MovieBox Pro isn’t available for Android TV. You need to sideload the app using third-party installers.
No. MovieBox Pro isn’t legal as the app streams licensed content from legal platforms for free.