If you like to stream movies and TV shows for free from pirated platforms, then you can go for the Momix service. This platform offers plenty of movies, TV shows, sporting events, and other content for free. Since the application is unavailable on the Play Store of Android TV, you can access the Momix app only by sideloading its APK file or screen mirroring its content.
Let us walk through the steps for sideloading and screen mirroring the Momix app on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Momix APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Momix app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Momix APK:
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
10. Click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Cast Momix on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Momix APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Sideload the APK on your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the Momix app on your Android and allow permissions to the app.
4. Play the video content on the app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
If you feel that Momix isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other free platforms to stream the media content without any fee. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Momix.
No, the Momix app is not available and optimized for Android TV.
Yes. Momix lets users download their desired content and watch it later if they don’t have an internet connection.