Molotov is a French streaming service that provides 180+ TV channels and a huge collection of on-demand content. Luckily, you can install the Molotov application directly from the Google Play Store. If you can’t find the Molotov app on the Play Store, you can sideload the Molotov APK using the Downloader application. Alternatively, you can cast the Molotov content on the Android TV from your Smartphone.
Molotov has thousands of programs from different categories, such as sports, US series, documentaries, reality TV, films, news, concerts, and more. It provides 500 hours of DVR to record the missed live programs in high-definition quality. Further, you can also stream the content from all European countries.
In this article, you will learn how to install the Molotov application on your Android TV. Additionally, we have added some of the fixes for the Molotov app if it fails to work on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install Molotov on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Molotov in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Molotov from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen of the app appears, play your favorite content.
How to Sideload Molotov APK on Android TV
If the Molotov app is not available on the Play Store. Then, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Navigate to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Tap Accept to grant access to the storage and other permissions.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link of Molotov APK latest version: https://bit.ly/48tCcfl
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Molotov app and watch your desired media content.
How to Watch Molotov Using Browser
Molotov has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of various movies or TV shows. As the simplest way, you can access the Molotov platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://www.molotov.tv/) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Login button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite TV channels on your device.
How to Cast Molotov on Android TV
The Molotov application has built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Molotov from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Install the Molotov from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect your Android TV to a WiFi network and also connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Molotov on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon on the app.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the live TV channels will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Molotov Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the Molotov app is not working properly on your Android TV, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app have a stable internet connection.
- Check the server outage status of Molotov on the Downdetector platform.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the cache files for the Molotov application accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Molotov application to solve the app-related issues.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
- As a last solution, contact Molotov’s customer support (aide.molotov.tv/hc/fr) to get help.
If you feel that Molotov isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream live TV channels. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Molotov.
Molotov is a premium streaming service that costs €4.99 per month.
Yes, you can stream the Molotov content on 4 devices simultaneously.