Major League Basketball, or MLB in short, is the oldest and most popular professional sports league in the world. MLB has two leagues, the National League and the American League. Both of these leagues have fifteen teams, with 29 teams from the US and 1 from Canada. MLB has its own television app, MLB.TV, So, let’s find out different methods to enjoy watching MLB on Android TV.
The Offseason Package of MLB TV costs you $24.99. You can get archives of 2021 games along with the 2022 training session.
MLB on Android TV
We have the official MLB.TV app streaming matches of MLB on Android TVs. So, all you need to do is download the app on your TV. In this section, let’s find out more ways to access MLB.TV on your TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Install MLB on Android TV
1. First, turn on your Android TV and connect to your internet.
2. Click on the Apps tab and launch Google Play Store from your home screen.
3. Further, choose the Search icon on your screen.
4. Type in MLB.TV on the search bar using the virtual on-screen keyboard.
5. Pick up the MLB.TV app from the search suggestions.
6. Click on the Install button.
7. Open the MLB.TV app on your TV and select any game.
8. Now, you need to log in to your MLB.TV account with proper credentials.
9. Now, you get a message confirming your login.
10. Finally, you can start accessing the app and personalize your content.
Related: How to Stream NFL on Android TV.
How to Cast MLB on Android TV
1. Start by connecting both your Android TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the MLB.TV app to your smartphone device from the App Store or the Play Store.
3. Next, open the MLB.TV app and log in with your account.
4. Browse through the MLB.TV app library and select any content to cast.
5. Further, click on the Cast icon on the app.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list.
7. Within a few minutes, the MLB app starts casting on your TV.
8. Now, you can enjoy watching the baseball matches on your TV.
How to watch MLB on Android TV outside the US?
The MLB.TV app is only supported in the United States. So, you need to sideload it on your TV in case you are outside the United States.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading MLB.TV using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Firstly, turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Choose the Search icon and search for Downloader by AFTV news using the search bar.
3. Select the Downloader app icon from the app search results and click on the Install button to download the Downloader app on your Android TV.
Enabling Unknown Sources
1. Open the Settings app from the Android TV home screen.
2. Next, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Go to the Unknown Sources option.
4. Click on the Downloader option and turn on the toggle.
Sideload MLB.TV on Androdi TV using Downloader
1. Firstly, launch the new Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Allow option when prompted.
3. In the app URL section, type in the MLB.TV Android TV APK URL.
4. Then, click on the Go button.
5. Tap the Install button to install the apk file on your Android TV.
6. Then, launch the MLB.TV app on your Android TV and watch your favorite sports content.
Other Devices that support MLB.TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xfinity Flex
- Xbox One
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Android TV has its own version of the MLB.TV app that you can download from the Play Store.
Sony Smart TV has the Andriod TV OS. So, you can install the MLB.TV app on your Sony Smart TV.