When you want to stream videos other than YouTube on your Android TV, you can install Metacafe. The Google Play Store doesn’t support the Metacafe app for installation on Android TV. You can either sideload the app on your Android TV using Downloader or cast the app from your Smartphone to your TV.
Metacafe is the best video streaming app to connect with local creators. If you are a creator, you can use Metacafe as a platform to grow your audience and reach the maximum people. You can manage all your content easily on this app. It also has a Playlist option to organize your favorite videos and stream them on your Android TV. You can always explore new content creators on Metacafe.
In this article, you will learn how to install the Metacafe app on your Android TV and also explore other alternatives for Metacafe.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Metacafe APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Metacafe app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream the videos.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Metacafe APK latest version: bit.ly/48b1sXw
13. Click Go to download the Metacafe APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the app and stream the videos on your TV.
How to Cast Metacafe on Android TV
If you can’t find the cast icon on the Metacafe app, then you need to use the screen mirroring feature of your Android smartphone to use the app on your TV screen.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the Metacafe app on your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the app and search for videos to stream on your smartphone.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV. Now, the UC Browser will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
If you feel that Metacafe isn’t for you, you can switch over to some other platform to access or stream streaming sites. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution.
No, the Metacafe app is unavailable on the Android TV Play Store. You can sideload the apk file through the Downloader app.