The Mega Shows app is a one-stop destination for watching media content online and offline without any subscription or login requirement. Since Mega Shows doesn’t have its app on the Play Store, you can’t install it on Android TV. However, accessing Mega Shows on Android TV is still possible with the help of sideloading and screen mirroring methods.
At your leisure, Mega Shows would be the best companion to open the entertainment door. It has an organized media library that helps to easily search and find our desired content. Although it loads a huge number of media content, Mega Shows is very small in terms of its size and occupying background data.
In this article, we’ll discuss the possible ways such as sideloading and screen mirroring methodologies to stream Mega Shows on Android TV. Further, it covers the alternatives and troubleshooting fixes of this platform.
How to Sideload Mega Shows APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Mega Shows app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Mega Shows APK latest version: bit.ly/3QIDSuO
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast Mega Shows on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Mega Shows APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to the TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the Mega Shows APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Mega Shows app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Mega Shows Alternatives
If you feel that Mega Shows isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Mega Shows.
Yes. However, it is not possible by direct downloading from the Play Store. Instead, you need to sideload it or screen mirror its content from your mobile to the TV.
No. Since Mega Shows offers a lot of copyrighted content without a proper license, it is unsafe to install and use on your TV.