Tired of finding the best player to stream IPTV content? If so, Mega IPTV would be the best solution. On the other hand, Android TV is the most preferable device to watch IPTV videos. But, you can’t install Mega IPTV APK officially as it isn’t available for Android TV. Instead, you need to sideload Mega IPTV APK or screen mirror the app in order to get this IPTV player on TV.
With this player app, you can stream IPTV’s media content through M3U Playlist and Xtream Codes API. Most importantly, Mega IPTV is a premium media player and you should pay 5.79 EUR for its one-time activation. Since it is a premium platform, you can explore a variety of jaw-dropping features like favorites manager, dynamic language support, parental control, and more.
In this section, we’ve come up with step-by-step guidelines to sideload and screen mirror the Mega IPTV app to stream it on Android TV. Also, scroll down your eyeballs at the bottom of the article to learn some troubleshooting fixes if the app fails to load and work properly.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Mega IPTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Mega IPTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions the app asks on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Mega IPTV APK latest version: bitly.ws/33TAS
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and stream your desired media content.
How to Activate Mega IPTV on Android TV
1. Launch the Mega IPTV app on your Android TV.
2. Note down the Mac address that appears on your Android TV’s screen.
3. Open the browser on your smartphone or PC and visit the activation website of Mega IPTV.
4. Enter the MAC address in the required field.
5. Tap on the Check button to verify the address.
6. Complete the payment to finish the activation process.
7. Then, navigate to the MY LIST section of the app.
8. Enter the MAC ADDRESS, Playlist Name, and M3U URL of the IPTV, then click the Upload button.
9. Finally, relaunch the app on your TV and stream your favorite IPTV channels.
How to Cast Mega IPTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Mega IPTV apk, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the Mega IPTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Mega IPTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Mega IPTV Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Mega IPTV app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Mega IPTV accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
Mega IPTV Alternatives
If you feel that Mega IPTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other IPTV providers to stream your favorite content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Mega IPTV.
Yes. It is possible to install Mega IPTV on Android TV. But, you can’t install it directly as there is no app available on Play Store for this player. Instead, you need to sideload it using Downloader or ES File Explorer on Android TV.
Since it is a player, Mega IPTV is completely safe to use. However, if you add any illegal playlist URL to this player, then it may cause you legal trouble.