MediaBox HD is a third-party application where you can watch movies and TV series for free of cost. Though it is cross-compatible with various devices, you cannot directly install the MediaBox HD app on your Android TV. You need to use the Downloader app to sideload MediaBox HD APK from its official site or any trusted source.
MediaBox HD features a user-friendly interface and it helps to watch your favorite entertainment titles with subtitles. Moreover, it allows you to resume the playback from where you have left off. It also has Chromecast built-in so you can install the MediaBox HD app on your smartphone and cast videos on Android TV.
How to Install MediaBox HD APK on Android TV
As MediaBox HD is unavailable in the Google Play Store, sideloading is the only way to get MediaBox HD on Android TV.
How to Install Downloader on Android TV
1. Connect your Android TV to WiFi once you turn it on.
2. Go to the home screen of Android TV, click on Apps, and open Google Play Store by clicking on it.
3. Enter Downloader in the search bar or use Google Assistant to search for the app.
4. Select Downloader from the suggestions and click the Install button.
Upon installing the app, you should enable some permissions for Downloader.
How to Allow Downloader to Install Apps from Unknown Sources
1. Go to the Android TV’s home screen and click the Settings icon.
2. Tap Device Preferences and select Security & restrictions.
3. Further, click Unknown sources and click on Install unknown apps.
4. Switch the Downloader toggle and ensure it is turned on.
How to Sideload MediaBox HD APK Using Downloader
1. Go to the Apps section and launch Downloader on Android TV.
2. Tap Allow if Downloader prompts for accessing the device storage.
3. Select the Home tab and enter the MediaBox HD APK download link in the URL field.
4. Click Go to download the apk file from the URL you have entered.
5. Wait for a minute or two to finish the downloading process.
6. Once it is completed, open the file and click Install.
7. After it gets installed, click Done.
8. Finally, click Delete to remove the apk file permanently from your storage.
How to Use MediaBox HD on Android TV
MediaBox HD is completely free to use without any registration on Android TV.
1. Open the MediaBox HD app on your Android TV using the remote.
2. Click OK to skip the warning message that appears on the TV screen.
3. You can see the home screen of MediaBox HD on your TV.
4. Click on the desired title to play.
Start streaming MediaBox HD content on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Onn Android TV 4K
- TiVo Stream 4K
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Xiaomi Mi Box and Mi Box S
Other Supported Devices
- iPhone & iPad
- Fire TV & Firestick
MediaBox HD Not Working on Android TV (Useful Tricks)
If MediaBox HD gets frozen or keeps crashing, there are some workarounds to fix the issue.
- Check if your internet is stable and if you have an internet speed of 2 Mbps or above.
- Clear the cache on Android TV to remove the corrupted cache from your device.
- Update MediaBox HD to the latest version if you get a pop-up message to do the same.
- Restart Android TV to fix the technical error that was caused while streaming any videos.
MediaBox HD Alternatives
If you need a better alternative to MediaBox HD, the following are the best choices.
Frequently Asked Questions
The MediaBox HD app is unsafe to use because it illegally distributes copyrighted content.