Mecool is one of the popular Android TV boxes available worldwide. It has a variety of models that you can connect to your TV. In this guide, we will talk about the latest Android TV box released by Mecool, the Mecool KM7 Android TV Box. It is a Google Certified Android TV Box released in October 2021. Mecool KM7 TV box allows you to stream movies, TV shows, live TV channels, etc. You can also install various apps and play games on your TV. This article will give you a brief description of its features, design, specifications, etc.
Features of Mecool KM7 Android TV Box
- It uses Amlogic S905Y4 to give smooth performance and saves more than 30% of the battery.
- You can use Google Assistant to control your TV.
- It has built-in Chromecast support. By using this, you can cast photos, pictures, videos, and more from your phone, tablet, and laptop to your TV.
- It has built-in streaming platforms like Netflix, Prime Video, and more.
- It supports HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG HDR processing.
What’s In the Box
- Mecool KM7 Android TV Box
- Power Adapter
- HDMI cable
- IR + BT Voice Remote Control
- User Manual
There are two Android TV boxes with different configurations available on the Meccol KM7 TV box model.
- Mecool KM7 Android TV Box with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM – $59.99.
- Mecool KM7 Android TV Box with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM – $79.99.
Specification of Mecool KM7 Android TV Box
|CPU||Amlogic S905Y4 64-bit quad-core ARM® Cortex™ A35 CPU|
|GPU||ARM G31™ MP2 GPU processor|
|OS||Android TV 11|
|RAM||2GB or 4GB|
|ROM(Internet Memory)||16GB or 64GB|
|WiFi||Built-in 1T1R 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 + 5G Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 Module|
|Ethernet||10/100 M Ethernet port|
|Support HDR||HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG HDR Processing|
|Video decoder Format||– AV1 [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@60fps|
– VP9 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
– H.265 HEVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@60fps
– AVS2-P2 Profile up to 4Kx2K@60fps
– H.264 AVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@30fps
– MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
– WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
– AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
– MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-13818)
– MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-11172)
– RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P@60fps
– Multiple languages and multiple format sub-title video support
– MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixel resolution decoding (ISO/IEC-10918)
– Supports JPEG thumbnail, scaling, rotation, and transition effects
|Support Video/Picture Encoding||– Amlogic Video Engine (AVE) with dedicated hardware decoders and SW H.264/|
– Support multi-video decoder up to 4x1080P@60fps
– Supports multiple “secured” video decoding sessions and simultaneous
decoding and encoding
|Support 3D Graphics||– ARM G31 MP2 GPU|
– 4-wide warps, dual texture pipe, 2x 4-wide execution engines (EE)
– Concurrent multi-core processing
– for OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1, and OpenCL 2.0 support
|Support Decoder Format||HD MPEG1/2/4, H.265/H.264/HEVC, VC-1/WMV, AVS, AVS +, AVS2 RealVideo, AV1, MP-10, VP9 Profile, RM, RealVideo8/9/10|
|Support Media Format||*.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.dat, *.avi, *.mov, *.iso, *.mp4, *.rm and *.jpg file formats|
|Support Audio Format||MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing|
|Support Photo Format||MJPEG/JPEG|
|Language||English, Germany, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.|
|Support OTA Update||Yes|
|Port||– HDTV 2.1 Dynamic HDR 4Kx2K@60 max resolution output|
– USB 2.0
– TF CARD Support 1~32GB
– 3.5 Phone out CVBS&L/R output
– RJ45 LAN
– DC 5V/2A
Design of Mecool KM7 Android TV Box
The Design of the Mecool KM7 TV Box is quite simple. It is a square-shaped device with a Mecool logo on the top. You can see three LED lights for power, network, and IR on the front side. On the bottom, there are a lot of ventilation holes and four rubber legs for the stability of your Android TV box. There are 2 USB 2.0 ports and a TF card slot on the left side. On the backside, there are HDMI 2.1 port, SPDIF digital audio output, RJ45 Ethernet, DC connector, and a 3.5mm Headset Jack.
Software of Mecool KM7 Android TV Box
The Mecool KM7 TV Box runs on Android TV 11 OS. It provides you with a stable and efficient platform where you can install the latest apps and experience them firsthand. The bootup speed is less than 30 seconds, and it takes you directly to the setup wizard. Here, you need to finish setting up your Android TV box by choosing your language, connecting to your WiFi network, etc. After the setup process, the home screen will load on your TV. The home screen will have some built-in apps like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Google Play Store, etc. It also has the Google Assistant function, which you can provoke by pressing the Google Assistant button on your Android TV remote.
Performance of Mecool KM7 Android TV Box
You can get a wonderful performance with Mecool KM7 as it supports 4k 30fps video output on both the HDMI 2.1 port and the USB 2.0 ports. You can stream videos smoothly without any stuttering upto 4K resolution of 30fps. However, if you stream videos of 4K 60fps, you will find that it struggles a little. You can also watch media from your streaming platforms in HD resolution.
Mecool KM7 uses a Mali-G31 Mp2 graphic processor. It offers you good performance while playing medium games at 1080p. However, games like Call of Duty or PUBG can be played only in low settings. For normal games, you won’t face any problems, and you will have a good gaming experience. It also has ventilation holes that provide the necessary cooling for your Android TV box. Mecool KM7 TV box can handle a temperature of about 50ºC – 60ºC without affecting any performance.
How to Connect Mecool KM7 Android TV Box to the TV
1. Connect one end of the power adapter to the power source and the other to your Android TV box.
2. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your Android TV box and the other end to your TV.
3. Insert the batteries on your remote and turn on your Android TV box.
4. Now, choose the right input source on your TV.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the setup process.
Other Models of Mecool Android TV Box
- Mecool KD5
- Mecool KD3
- Mecool KM2
- Mecool KM6
- Mecool KD2
- Mecool KT1
- Mecool KM3
- Mecool KD1
- Mecool KM1
- Mecool KM9 PRO
- Mecool IVI
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Check your internet connection.
2. Check whether your power sources are connected properly.
3. Clear cache data on Android TV Box.
Price varies between each model, and there are also differences in specifications. The standard price range for a Mecool Android TV box is between $50-$180.