Lunar IPTV is a reliable service provider, offering 11,000+ live channels and 36,000+ VOD content from all over the world. It will be the best choice for your Android TV to stream all your favorite media content. But, Lunar IPTV doesn’t offer any official APK app to install on your TV. Instead, it provides an M3U URL and you can access it using any of the M3U players for IPTV.
Here, we’ve used XCIPTV Player to load and stream the playlist URL offered by Lunar IPTV. Android TV users can easily get the XCIPTV Player app as it is natively available on the Play Store. If you can’t find XCIPTV Player due to geo-restriction, you need to sideload the app using Downloader.
When you have Lunar IPTV on your TV, you can get numerous entertainment content at an affordable cost with HD and 4K video resolutions. It also supports 5 concurrent streams with all subscription packages. Using its intuitive UI and EPG support, users can find their desired media content without any hassle.
This article discusses the various ways to stream Lunar IPTV through XCIPTV Player on your Android TV such as installing, sideloading, and screen mirroring.
To access Lunar IPTV service, you need to get any of the subscription plans offered by the provider. Unfortunately, there is no free trial on this provider. So, you must subscribe to any of the Lunar IPTV packages tabulated below to stream your favorite content.
How to Install XCIPTV Player to Stream Lunar IPTV on Android TV
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter XCIPTV Player in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select XCIPTV Player from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. Enter Xtream Codes API or use an M3U URL of Lunar IPTV on XCIPTV Player.
8. After loading the playlist file, you can stream whatever content you want from Lunar IPTV on XCIPTV Player.
How to Sideload XCIPTV Player on Android TV
If you can’t find XCIPTV Player in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of XCIPTV Player APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
11. Now, load the playlist file of Lunar IPTV on XCIPTV Player and stream your desired media content on TV.
How to Cast XCIPTV Player to Stream Lunar IPTV on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app on Android TV, you can screen mirror this app’s content from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Install or sideload the XCIPTV Player on your Android smartphone from trusted third-party sites.
3. Launch the XCIPTV Player and go through the on-screen prompts.
4. Provide the Playlist URL or Xtream Codes offered by Lunar IPTV on the required field.
5. Open the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV and allow the required permission for screen mirroring. Now, stream the content on your mobile, and it will appear on your Android TV screen.
Lunar IPTV Alternatives
If you are looking for other IPTV providers as an alternative to Lunar IPTV, here are some of the best options.
Supported Android TVs for XCIPTV Player
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes for XCIPTV Player
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No. You can’t install or sideload Lunar IPTV on Android TV as it doesn’t have a dedicated APK app. Instead, you can install any M3U player to stream Lunar IPTV’s playlist URL.