Do you have any idea which is the most convenient and free IPTV player? If you’re looking for the answer to this question, you can come across the LionTV app. It is a free IPTV player that is unavailable on the Play Store of Android TV. To get the app, you have to sideload LionTV Apk using Downloader or use the casting method to screen mirror its content on TV from a smartphone.
When it comes to the characteristics of this IPTV player, you might be surprised due to its premium features like an Electronic Program Guide, family production system, media subtitles, high-spec player, impressive design, and a lot more. However, LionTV doesn’t provide any media content. It only handles the playlist URL or Xtream Codes offered by the IPTV provider.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the instructions for sideloading and screen mirroring methods to stream the LionTV app on Android TV.
How to Sideload LionTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the LionTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions the app asks on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of LionTV APK: bit.ly/3QhLumt
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch all the Arabic and other international channels on your TV.
How to Cast LionTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the LionTV apk, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the LionTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the LionTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
If you feel that LionTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other IPTV providers to stream your favorite content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to LionTV.
Yes. But, you need to use the sideloading method using Downloader or any other tool to get the LionTV app on your Android TV.
Yes. Since LionTV is an IPTV player, you can feel free to use it on your Android TV. However, you should verify the credibility of the downloading source of LionTV.