LibreTube lets you watch YouTube videos for free without annoying ads like YouTube Vanced on Android TV. In addition, it allows users to watch YouTube videos in the background even if the screen is off. The application is specially designed for Android devices that run with Android 5.0 or above. If you are an Android TV user, you can sideload the LibreTube apk using the Downloader app since it is unavailable in the Play Store.
How to Sideload LibreTube APK on Android TV
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of LibreTube APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the LibreTube APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Cast LibreTube to Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app, you can screen mirror the LibreTube app from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Libretube APK on your Android smartphone from any trusted source.
3. Open the LibreTube app on your smartphone.
4. Play any video content on the app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel on your phone and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV to connect.
Now, the selected video content will start playing on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
- LibreTube is free and open-source software.
- LibreTube will not save the user’s data and trackers.
- The app supports SponserBlock, video chapters, user playlists, and much more.
- Users can enable or disable the notifications according to their preferences.
- It allows users to adjust the video quality and download it according to their preferences.
- Without an internet connection, you can play the downloaded videos.
- It is a lightweight YouTube player with advanced features.
- The platform is licensed under GPL- 3.0.
Alternatives to LibreTube
Below are some of the best alternatives to LibreTube
Yes, the platform allows importing the subscription from YouTube. Further, to know more details about it you can check its FAQ section on its official website.
Yes, LibreTube is an ad-free platform.
Though the LibreTube app is unavailable in the Play Store, it is safe to use as it will not jeopardize the user’s privacy.
You can download LibreTube from any third-party website with the help of Downloader.