Kokotime is a free streaming application where you can stream unlimited movies, TV shows, and series. On Android TV, the Kokotime app is not available on the Play Store. So you need to sideload the Kokotime APK on your Android TV using Downloader.
Kokotime is the perfect media center that has a simple and user-friendly interface. It provides an in-built file manager that is used to explore various media files. This app offers built-in cast support. So you can also cast its content directly on your Android TV. In addition, Kokotime supports extensions and plugins for the customization of the media player.
In this article, you will learn how to sideload the Kokotime application on your Android TV. Besides, we have listed some of the troubleshooting ideas if the Kokotime application fails to work on Android TV.
How to Sideload Kokotime APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Kokotime app is not available for Android TV. To stream its content, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Kokotime APK latest version: https://bit.ly/45UJs23
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the Kokotime app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast Kokotime APK on Android TV
The Kokotime is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Kokotime from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Download and install the Kokotime APK from any of the third-party websites.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Kokotime on your smartphone and log in to your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon on the app.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the Kokotime content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Kokotime Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the Kokotime app is not working properly on your Android TV, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV is connected to a stable network.
- Close and relaunch the Kokotime application.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the Kokotime app cache files on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Kokotime isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream movies or TV shows. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Kokotime.
Yes, Kokotime is a completely free application to access a lot of content.
No. Kokotime is a third-party application, as it may contain malware, trojans, and other bugs.