K-Multimedia Player or The KMPlayer (KMP) is a media player that is used to watch offline videos. The best thing about the KM Player is the file compatibility. You can access all types of video files in the KMPlayer. The KMPlayer app is not available for Android TV in the Play Store. You need to sideload the KMPlayer Android TV using the Downloader app.
How to Sideload KMPlayer for Android TV
To sideload apps on Android TV, you need to take preliminary actions. Get the Downloader app, change the Android TV Settings, and the APK link.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Click on the Apps tab and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Next, click the Search icon and type in Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Pick up the Downloader app icon from the suggestions and click on the Install button.
5. Launch the Settings of your Android TV from its home screen and tap the Device Preferences option.
6. On the menu, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
7. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
8. Select the Downloader app and turn on the Unknown Sources toggle.
9. Launch the new Downloader app on your Android TV.
10. Select the Allow option when a prompt appears on your screen.
11. Now, enter the AFTVnews Plugin URL (browser.aftvnews.com) and download the plugin.
12. Enter the KMPlayer Android TV APK URL in the search box.
13. Click on the Go option to download the APK file.
14. Then, tap Install to download the KMPlayer on your Android TV.
15. Open KMPlayer and play your favorite movies.
How to Cast KMPlayer on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the KMPlayer app, you can cast the app from your smartphone to your Android TV.
1. Connect your Android/iOS smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Android TV.
3. Open the KMPlayer app and play any content you like.
4. On the media player screen, tap the Cast icon.
4. From the list of devices, tap on your Android TV.
5. Within a few seconds, the video starts streaming on your Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Hitachi Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Questions
VLC and MX Player on Android TV will give you the best overall streaming experience.