While looking for the best browser for your Android TV, you can try Kiwi Browser. Kiwi Browser is a simple web browser with a user-friendly interface. You cannot download the Kiwi Browser on your Android TV since it is unavailable in the Play Store. But you can sideload the app on your Android TV using the Downloader app.
Kiwi Browser is a complete web browser to read blogs, news, and other content. It has the highest page load speed to stream videos from streaming sites. You can block annoying notifications and ads in this web browser. The Night Mode in the Kiwi Browser will let you view the web pages clearly under any conditions. It supports translation into 60 languages and the import/ export of bookmarks.
We have curated the best possible method to get the Kiwi Browser on your Android TV. Also, check the alternatives for the Kiwi Browser mentioned below.
How to Sideload Kiwi Browser APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Kiwi Browser app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload the Kiwi Browser APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to surf the web pages.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Kiwi Browser APK latest version: bit.ly/3sJ9s1J
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Kiwi Browser app and browse for the streaming sites.
How to Cast Kiwi Browser on Android TV
If you can’t find the cast icon on the Kiwi Browser app, then you need to use the screen mirroring feature of your Android smartphone to use the app on your TV screen.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Install the Kiwi Browser app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Launch the app and browse the web pages on the browser.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the browser will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Kiwi Browser Alternatives
If you feel that Kiwi Browser isn’t for you, you can switch over to some other browser to access the streaming sites. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to the Kiwi Browser.
Open Kiwi Browser on your Android TV and click the three vertical dots icon at the top-right corner. Click Extensions from the options list. Further, click Kiwi web store to go to the website and add the extension you want.
Kiwi Browser is completely safe to use if you install the app from the Google Play Store.