Kiwi Browser is one of the best browsers for Android TV which suits well for multi-purposes. It is built on a Chromium engine like Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome on Android TV. Since Kiwi Browser is officially supported for Android devices like smartphones, tablets, and Android TVs, you can download the app from the Google Play Store.
In addition to web browsing, you can use Kiwi Browser for reading news, listening to music, and watching videos. It features a pop-up blocker that helps to open web pages faster. If necessary, you can enable night mode while browsing in low light. Like other browsers, it supports desktop extensions which makes it possible for installing security tools like VPN.
How to Install Kiwi Browser on Android TV from Google Play Store
1. Connect your Android TV to WiFi or a wired internet connection using an ethernet cable.
2. Go to the home screen of Android TV and click on Apps and select Google Play Store.
3. Click the Search icon, type Kiwi Browser in the search bar, and search for the app.
4. Choose Kiwi Browser from the suggestions and click Install on the description page.
5. Once the installation is complete, tap Open to launch the app.
6. Ente the URL of the website that you want to visit and click Enter.
Start experiencing the robust features of Kiwi Browser on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Kiwi Browser APK on Android TV
If Kiwi Browser is unavailable in the Google Play Store, you can prefer sideloading method. For this purpose, you need to use Downloader to sideload the Kiwi Browser APK from a third-party website.
How to Install Downloader on Android TV
1. Open the Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Type Downloader in the search bar and locate the app.
3. Click the Downloader icon from the search results.
4. Tap the Install button to begin the installation.
After this, you should go to Settings and allow Downloader to install apps from unknown sources.
How to Allow Downloader to Install Apps from Unknown Sources
1. Click the Settings icon on the home screen of Android TV.
2. Tap Device Preferences and click on Security & restrictions.
3. Click Unknown sources and select Install unknown apps.
4. Turn on Downloader by switching a toggle.
Now you can download and install APK files on your Android TV using the Downloader app.
How to Sideload Kiwi Browser APK using Downloader
1. Open Downloader on Android TV.
2. If prompted, click Allow to grant storage access.
3. Click Home from the left pane and enter the Kiwi Browser APK download link in the URL field.
4. Tap Go to visit the website and download the APK file.
5. If it gets downloaded, open the file and click Install.
6. After the installation, click Done.
7. If asked, click Delete to confirm erasing the APK file from your Android TV storage.
Later, open Kiwi Browser and start browsing the web on your TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Onn Android TV 4K
- TiVo Stream 4K
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Xiaomi Mi Box and Mi Box S
Frequently Asked Questions
Open Kiwi Browser on your Android TV and click the three vertical dots icon at the top-right corner. Click Extensions from the options list. Further, click Kiwi web store to go to the website and add the extension you want.
Kiwi Browser is completely safe to use if you install the app from the Google Play Store.
Puffin Browser on Android TV is the best alternative to Kiwi Browser.