Are you ready to watch live sports and blockbuster movies on Android TV? JioCinema is a free-to-use application that you should look for. As the JioCinema app is officially available for Android TV, you can install the app from the Google Play Store. Make sure that your Android TV is running Android 7.0 or above to install the app.
JioCinema also lets you watch TV shows, movies, web series, and match highlights in up to 4K quality. It has more than 100,000 hours of entertainment content in languages like Hindi, English, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu, Bengali, Gujarati, etc. The JioCinema app is currently accessible in India and Bangladesh.
In this article, we will guide you through the quick installation of JioCinema on your Android TV. Users outside those countries can sideload the JioCinema APK version from an external source using the Downloader app. Other than sideloading, you can also stream JioCinema by visiting its official website from your TV browser.
How to Install JioCinema on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter JioCinema in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select JioCinema from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, play your favorite content.
How to Sideload JioCinema on Android TV in the USA
If you can’t find JioCinema in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of JioCinema APK [https://bit.ly/3L2xsTT] in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the India server.
How to Watch JioCinema Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access JioCinema.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the JioCinema URL [https://www.jiocinema.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the [Log In/Sign In[ button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast JioCinema on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app/access the website on Android TV, then you can screen mirror its app from your Android smartphone to your TV screen.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the JioCinema website or sideload the APK on your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the app and log in with your credentials if needed.
4. Play the video content on the JioCinema app or website.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
JioCinema Other Supported Devices
- Samsung Smart TVs (Running Tizen OS and manufactured in 2018 and later)
- LG Smart TVs (Running WebOS and manufactured in 2018 or greater)
- Fire TV (requires Fire OS 6 or up)
- Apple TV (requires tvOS 13.0 or later)
To know the latest version, go to the Play Store on your Android device → Select JioCinema by searching → Click About this app → Scroll down and see the version.
If you see the error code 8001, 8002, 8005, or 8007 on JioCinema, you can fix the issue with these methods.
1. Check whether the internet connection is stable or not.
2. Update the JioCinema app to the latest version.
3. Clear the cache on Android TV to delete the corrupted files if any.
4. Restart Android TV if there is an issue with your TV.