Jio TV is an Indian-based streaming application to watch all the popular regional TV channels along with several on-demand content like movies, tv shows, sports, and much more. Users with Jio TV mobile service can access the entire content on the app for free. Unfortunately, the Jio TV application is not available for Android TV. It is currently available only for Android and iOS devices. However, you can still install Jio TV on Android TV by sideloading the apk file with the Downloader app. If not, you can screen mirror it from Android smartphones.
The Jio TV application covers all the popular sports like Cricket, Hockey, Tennis, FA Cup, Europa League, and many more. When it comes to entertainment, you can watch the shows like The Big Bang Theory, Man vs Wild, Friends, and more. According to the Play Store description, the application has 15000+ movies for streaming.
Note – Since Jio TV doesn’t have a web version, you can’t access it with a browser on Android TV.
How to Sideload Jio TV Apk on Android TV
As we said earlier, you can’t natively install Jio TV on Android TV. You need to sideload it with the Downloader app.
1. Install Downloader on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app from the Android TV home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left panel, and enter the Jio TV APK download link in the URL field.
8. Click on Go to download the Jio TV APK on your TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Click Open to launch the Jio TV app and configure your Jio mobile number to watch the available content for free.
How to Cast Jio TV on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app on Android TV, you can screen mirror this app’s content from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the Jio TV app on your Android smartphone from trusted third-party sites.
3. Launch the Jio TV and go through the on-screen prompts.
4. Open the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, stream the content on your mobile, and it will appear on your Android TV screen.
How to Watch JioTV on Android TV Using Kodi
#1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to the internet.
#2. Open the Google Play Store and search for Kodi.
#3. Click on Install to download the app.
#4. After that, launch the Kodi app and enable unknown sources to install third-party add-ons (Settings → System → Add-ons → Unknown Sources → Yes).
#5. Now, return to Settings and go to File Manager > Add Source.
#6. Enter https://kodi.botallen.com in the path field and BotAllen in the name field and submit it.
#7. Navigate to Settings and tap on Add-ons > Install from Zip file option.
#8. Choose the BotAllen option and click on a zip file repository.botallen-2.0.0.zip file.
#9. Go to the Add-ons option and choose Install from the repository.
#10. Select BotAllen Repository > Video Add-ons > JioTV to install the app.
#11. Once installed, launch the Jio TV app and verify with an active Jio number.
#12. You can watch JioTV movies and TV channels on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Hisense Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Toshiba Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- DIRECTV STREAM Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
What is Jio TV Android TV MOD APK?
It is the modest version of the Jio TV app. It contains all the media content you can find on the official Jio TV app. You don’t need a Jio mobile number to watch the content here. You can find the download link for Jio TV Android TV mod apk on various third-party downloader sites.
However, we don’t recommend our users try this version since it is not legal. If you want to try this app, try it at your own risk. We aren’t responsible for any streaming issues that arise while using this app.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It is not directly available on the Play Store of Android TV.
No. JioTV doesn’t have a web version for streaming.
1. Restart your application.
2. Install the latest version of Jio TV.
3. Check your Jio APN setting.
4. Check your internet connectivity.
5. Verify the login credentials.