VPNs are the must-have apps on every smart device. There are a lot of online threats happening around the world. With the VPN on your smart device, you can hide your online presence and surf the internet without any privacy threats. For smartphones and tables, there are plenty of VPNs available in the market. But for Android TVs, only a few VPNs are available. IPVanish VPN is one among them. You can install the IPVanish VPN on your Android TV from the Play Store.
IPVanish VPN offers more than 1500 servers in around 75 locations. However, most servers are located in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Some of the features of IPVanish include DNS leak protection, IPv6 leak protection, IP address cycling, unlimited P2P, unlimited bandwidth, and an internal kill switch. Also, you get an average download speed of 93Mbps (on nearby servers) with less speed loss. Therefore, IPVanish VPN can be considered one of the best VPNs for Android TV.
IPVanish VPN offers three types of subscriptions.
- $10.99 per month
- $15.96 for the first three months, then $29.99 thereafter ($5.32 per month).
- $47.89 for the first year, then $89.99 thereafter ($3.99 per month).
All three subscriptions come with a 30-day money-back policy. Click here to sign up for IPVanish.
IPVanish VPN on Android TV Box
The IPVanish VPN has its app designed for Android TV. You can find it in the Play Store and easily install it on your TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV Stream
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Install IPVanish on Android TV Box
As the VPN is available on the Play Store, there is no need to sideload the IPVanish VPN Android TV apk with the help of the Downloader app or any other tool.
1. Turn on your Android TV and then connect to the internet.
2. Click on the Apps tab and then launch the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the search box and then type IPVanish VPN.
4. Further, select the IPVanish VPN app from the list of search results.
5. On the next page, select Install and then start downloading the app.
6. Wait for the app to install and then select the OPEN option to launch it.
How to Use IPVanish VPN on Android TV
1. When you open the IPVanish VPN app on your Android TV, you will get the Login screen.
2. Type in your IPVanish Username and Password and then click the Login button.
3. Click the Connect button to connect to the fastest server.
4. On the next screen, tap the OK button to approve the Connect request.
5. When it is connected, you will get the Connected button with the green dot on the top left of the screen.
6. If you want a specific server from a country, click the Settings icon.
7. Choose your desired Country, City, and Server, and then click on CONNECT.
8. Click OK to authorize IPVanish to connect and re-route your internet traffic through their VPN server.
9. If you want to stop the VPN connection, tap the Disconnect button.
Alternatives for IPVanish
If you aren’t impressed with the features of IPVanish, you can access the following VPNs on your Android TV
Other Supported Devices
Let’s find out the different platforms where we can access the IPVanish VPN.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Windows PC
- Windows Phone
- DD-WRT routers
Frequently Asked Questions
The latest TV version of IPVanish VPN is version 4.0.
You can sideload the IPVanish VPN on your Android TV using the Downloader app.