An IP (Internet Protocol) address is a unique address that helps to find the device’s location on the Internet network. Like all other devices, Andriod TV also comes with a built-in IP address. Without knowing the simple hack to figure out the IP address, many TV users are struggling to get internet-related information. That’s why our technical team has prepared this article which deals with the possible ways to get the IP address of Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Find IP Address on Android TV
With the help of three different ways, you can able to find the IP address of your Android TV. You need to choose any of the methods discussed below based on your preferences and follow the respective guidelines.
1. Launch your Android TV.
2. Click on the Settings icon.
3. Go to the Network Settings page on your Android TV.
4. On the current page, click on the General Menu.
5. From the General Menu, click on the Network Status option.
6. Now, you can see your IP Address and other details about the internet connection that you have on your TV.
If you have a Google WiFi or a router connection on your TV, you can easily find the IP Address of your device.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Go to the Google Fiber website or your ISP provider’s website and sign in with your account.
3. Select the Network tab and click on Devices.
4. Select your Android TV from the list.
5. Now, you can see your IP Address on the right side of the screen.
Using Android Studio
With the Android Studio app on your Android TV, you can get the IP address using some commands. Sideload the app on your Android TV and open the Android Studio app. Enter the IP address command and execute it. Your Android TV’s IP address will be displayed. In some models of Android TV, you have to write commands for two pages to get the IP address. So, we suggest you get the IP address from any of the two ways mentioned above. If you have to play with the Android Studio app, you can try and execute all the commands.
No, the IP address is based on the internet connection, whereas the MAC address is based on the device manufacturer.