Even since Meta has announced, Instagram has been facing a lot of criticism. The app is becoming more like TikTok featuring more Reels and videos than conventional photos. With this, many celebrities are expressing their objection. To rectify this, Instagram is updating the old features. Yet, Instagram doesn’t have its standalone app for Android TV and Android TV Box.
Though the app is unavailable for Android TV, you can use the Instagram platform via its website or APK file. To access the Instagram website, you need to install any of the best web browsers on your Android TV. If you are going to install the APK file, you need to install the Downloader and Sideload Launcher on Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Toshiba Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Access Instagram on Android TV Using a Browser
1. Launch a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Go to the Instagram website.
3. Enter your account credentials and log in to your Instagram account.
4. After successfully logging in, you can start accessing the Instagram app.
5. The layout of Instagram on the web is nearly as same as that on your mobile app. If you struggle to access the Instagram website, you can install the Mouse Toggle app on Android TV for easy navigation.
How to Sideload Instagram on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Choose the app and hit the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
4. Launch the Settings menu of your Android TV.
5. Choose the Device Preferences option.
6. Choose the Security & Restrictions feature.
7. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
8. Go to the Downloader app and enable the toggle.
9. Open the Downloader app on your TV.
10. Download the AFTVnew Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com)
11. Enter the Instagram Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
12. Hit the Install option to get the Instagram app.
13. Open the Sideload Launcher app and launch the Instagram app.
14. Sign in with your Instagram account and use it on your TV.
Note: If looking for a downloader to download Instagram Reels, try VidMate for Android TV.
How to Screen Mirror Instagram on Android TV
1. Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi as your Android TV.
2. Download the Instagram app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
4. On the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
5. Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone and sign in to your account.
6. Play or view the IGTV or reels video you want and watch it on the TV screen.
Other Supported Devices
Owners of one or more of the following devices can access Instagram on one of these devices.
- Android phones
Frequently Asked Questions
For Mi Smart TV, you can use the website method or sideloading method to open Instagram.