imo is one of the apps that you use to chat and video call with friends for free. One of the new features introduced by the imo app is that you can start a group video call and chats with up to 20 members. It is a perfect tool for throwing an online party. With the imo app on your Android TV, you can get high-quality video and voice calls.
imo app is not available for Android TVs in the Play Store. YOu have to use the Play Store. You have to sideload the app on your Android TV using any of the third-party apps like Downloader or ES File Explorer.
How to Sideload imo App on Android TV
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Pick up the Downloader app from the search results.
4. Hit the Install button to get the Downloader app on your Android TV.
5. Open the Settings menu on your Android TV.
6. Click on the Device Preference option.
7. Select the Securities and Restriction option and choose Unknown Sources.
8. Switch on the toggle near the Downloader app.
9. Then, open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
10. Install the AFTVnews plugin with the URL browser.aftvnews.com.
11. Enter the URL of imo APK for Android TV on the search box.
12. Click on Go and hit the Install button to get the APK file.
13. Open the app on your Android TV and chat with your friends.
How to Screen Mirror imo App on Android TV
1. Connect the smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the imo app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Bring up the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone.
4. Click on the Cast icon.
5. Now, your smartphone will search for the available devices.
6. When your Smartphone identifies the Android TV, tap on it.
7. Open the imo app on your Android Smartphone.
8. Start a video call with your friends.
9. Now, your Android TV will display the calls and chats you make with the app.
Supported Android TVs
- Toshiba Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- MI Box
- AT&T Box
- Air TV
- Mecool Android TV Box
You can use the imo app on your Smart TV by using the Cast feature or sideloading the app.