iHeartRadio is a popular American radio platform that streams podcasts and radio stations. It was launched back in 2008 and is owned by iHeartMedia. With all these years of it being a radio station, iHeartRadio has become the largest radio broadcaster in the US. Apart from the US, iHeartRadio is available in Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Australia, Mexico, and New Zealand. You can access iHeartRadio on a variety of devices, that includes Android TV and Android TV Box.
The content on iHeartRadio includes radio stations, podcasts, and other music libraries. You can create your playlist on iHearRadio with your favorite content. It has both a free tier as well as a premium tier for iHeartRadio. Let’s explore more in detail about adding the iHeartRadio app on your Android TV.
iHeartRadio is free to download the app on your TV and you can listen to music and podcasts for free. Also, it has premium tiers of subscription as well.
iHeartRadio All Access
- You can subscribe to iHeartRadio All Access at $9.99 per month.
- Play any song from the app on-demand and save them on your playlist.
- Get unlimited skips of songs in the app and listen to songs offline.
- You can subscribe to iHeartRadio Plus which costs $4.99 per month.
- You can play any song you like on-demand and save songs on your playlist.
- Also, you can get unlimited skips on songs in the app.
iHeartRadio for Android TV
iHeartRadio has its app available for download on multiple devices, including Android TV. Let’s learn different ways to access the app on the TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- DIRECT STREAMS
- Mi Box
How to Add iHeartRadio on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. On your home screen, launch the Google Play Store.
3. Next, click on Search and type in iHeartRadio.
4. From the overview page, click on Install and start downloading the same.
5. Once done, click on Open and then launch iHeartRadio on your TV.
6. Log in to your iHeartRadio account. If you don’t have one, you can sign-up for free.
7. Note down the Activation Code that you get to link your account.
8. Visit the iHeartRadio activation site and then enter your activation code.
9. Start listening to the radio station on your Android TV.
Alternative method: Casting iHeartRadio to Android TV
1. First, connect both your Android TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi connection.
2. On your Android smartphone, install the iHeartRadio app from the Play Store.
3. Launch any station that you would like to visit on the app.
4. Now, click on the Cast icon in the app.
5. From the list of available devices on your screen, choose your Android TV.
6. Finally, start streaming the content on your TV.
Other Devices that support iHeartRadio
There are a lot of different devices that support iHeart Radio.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- iOS devices
- Android devices
- Apple Watch
- Garmin Smart Watch
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
Related: How to Stream Tunein Radio on Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get iHeartRadio on my smart TV?
Yes, you can access iHeartRadio on your Android TVs, Smart TVs, and many other devices.
2. How do I listen to iHeartRadio on my TV?
You can download iHeartRadio on your TV from the Play Store. Also, you can cast the app to enjoy streaming its content on your TV.