iHeartRadio is a popular American radio platform that streams podcasts and radio stations. It is available for download on multiple devices, including Android TV. Hence, Android TV users can get it directly from the Play Store. However, iHearRadio can be sideloaded if it is unavailable on the store due to geo-restrictions. Also, you can stream this music platform on your TV without installing it through the casting method.
The content on iHeartRadio includes radio stations, podcasts, and other music libraries. You can create your playlist on iHearRadio with your favorite content. It has both a free tier as well as a premium tier for iHeartRadio. Apart from the US, it is also available in Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Australia, Mexico, and New Zealand.
Let’s explore more in detail about installing, sideloading, activating, and screen mirroring the iHeartRadio app on your Android TV.
Table of Contents
iHeartRadio offers two types of subscriptions, such as Plus and All-Access. You can get any of the subscriptions from the subscription website of iHeartRadio. Remember, both these two subscription packages offer a 30-day free trial service for new members.
|iHeart All Access
|Limited access to all its music library
|Unlimited access to millions of songs
|Unlimited skips of songs in the app and listen to it offline
|Unlimited skips on songs
|No chance to replay the radio songs
|Instantly replay songs from the radio
How to Install iHeartRadio on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. On your home screen, launch the Google Play Store.
3. Next, click on Search and type in iHeartRadio.
4. From the overview page, click on Install and start downloading the same.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the app successfully.
6. Log in to your iHeartRadio account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for free.
7. Note down the Activation Code that you get to link your account.
8. Visit the iHeartRadio activation site and then enter your activation code.
9. Start listening to the radio station and other musical content on your Android TV.
How to Activate iHeartRadio on Android TV
After the installation process, you need to activate the iHeartRadio platform on your TV.
1. Open the iHeartRadio app on your Android TV and try to sign in to the app.
NOTE: If you are a first-time visitor to iHeartRadio, then you need to sign up for a new account using the credentials of Facebook and Google.
2. Note down the activation code displayed on the screen of your Android TV.
3. Now, go to the Activation Website (www.iheart.com/activate/) of iHeartRadio on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the Activation Code in the respective box and click the Activate button.
5. Now, the iHeartRadio app will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content on your TV.
How to Sideload iHeartRadio APK on Android TV
If you can’t find iHeartRadio in the Play Store in your country other than the US, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for iHeartRadio APK latest version: bit.ly/3to7oN4
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the iHeartRadio app and stream your favorite music tracks.
Alternative method: Casting iHeartRadio to Android TV
The iHeartRadio is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the iHeartRadio from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Install the iHeartRadio from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the iHeartRadio on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the content you stream on the smartphone will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
How to Fix Not Working Issues of iHeartRadio on Android TV
If the iHeartRadio app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the iHeartRadio application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the iHeartRadio app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that iHeartRadio isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream all your favorite music content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to iHeartRadio.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can download iHeartRadio on your TV from the Play Store. Also, you can cast the app to enjoy streaming its content on your TV.
Yes. iHeartRadio provides free access to thousands of radio stations, and podcasts. However, you should upgrade your basic account on this platform to get premium access and stream exclusive content.