If you like to expand your content library by switching to streaming services, then going for Hulu is a smart move. The service offers bundle subscription that comprises major networks like Disney+ and ESPN+. Apart from this, it offers Hulu originals, Kid’s channels, Sports, and various genres. Android TV users can easily install Hulu on their devices directly using the Play Store app. Since it is a geo-restricted app, you cannot install the app officially from outside the US. But you can stream the content of Hulu from outside the US by installing the premium VPN service NordVPN.
Table of Contents
How to Install Hulu on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Hulu in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select the Hulu app from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Hulu on Android TV
1. Open Hulu on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the Login button to get the code.
3. Now, go to Hulu’s activation website [http://hulu.com/activate] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the login details and sign in with your Hulu account.
5. After that, enter the activation code on the website to finish the activation process.
6. Now, the Hulu app will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Install Hulu on Android TV Outside USA
If you can’t find Hulu in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Hulu APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Hulu APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Watch Hulu Using a Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the Hulu website.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.hulu.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the Hulu website will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Login button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Hulu on Android TV
The Hulu app is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Hulu app from your smartphone to Android TV.
1. Install the Hulu app from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Hulu app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Key Features of Hulu
- Watch over 85+ Live TV channels and TV shows of different channel networks on Hulu.
- You can download your TV shows using the unlimited cloud DVR space of Hulu.
- With Hulu’s unlimited screen plan, you can stream any number of devices by your family at the same time.
- It supports various channel add-ons like Starz, HBO, Showtime, and many add-ons with your subscription.
- It supports catchup support for your media content.
- You can stream FX Originals on Android TV through the Hulu app.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes, the Hulu app is available on Sony Android TV.
The Hulu app is compatible with Google Smart TV.