Hulu is one of the first names that comes to our mind when we think of leading streaming services. It is a subscription-based streaming service that brings to you an updated library of amazing content. Hulu is one of the main competitors to popular streaming services like Netflix and Disney+. This service is available only in the US and has over 31.8 million subscribers. The content library of Hulu is categorized properly based on categories and genres. So, you can find all your content easily on the platform. In this section, we are going to discuss everything about Hulu on Android TV.
The Hulu library is rich with hundreds of movies and shows to keep you entertained. This content extends among different genres including action, horror, comedy, and much more. All of these titles stream on-demand and you can download them offline to watch them conveniently. Apart from the on-demand service, you can choose to subscribe to a Live TV option on Hulu. This Live TV service streams most of the important channels. So, you can get access to sports, news, and shows from popular channels.
Hulu brings to you content with and without ads. You can choose to subscribe to any of these plans as you like.
- The ad-based subscription charges $6.99 per month. It streams more than 3000 titles and supports 720p, 1080p, and 4K Ultra HD.
- The ad-free subscription costs you $12.99 per month. You can enjoy more than 3000 titles in 720p, 1080p, and 4K Ultra HD.
- Additionally, you can download shows offline on the ad-free tier.
- Both these come with a free 7-day trial.
- Also, subscribe to Hulu + Live TV for $69.99 per month and enjoy Live TV channels.
- If you want Live TV without ads, get subscribed to a $75.99 per month Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV plan.
Hulu on Android TV
Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services and is available on various devices. So, you can enjoy your Hulu subscription on your Android TV as well.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Bravia Android TV [Models after 2015]
- Hisense Android TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV [Selected models]
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Xiaomi Mi Box
- Chromecast with Google TV
- DIRECTV Stream
How to Install and Watch Hulu on Android TV
If you are already subscribed to Hulu, let’s add Hulu to Android TV and start streaming mind-blowing content.
1. Initially, click the home button on your remote.
2. Go to the Apps option and launch the Play Store.
3. Choose the Search icon on your screen.
4. On the search bar, type, and search for Hulu.
5. Choose the Hulu icon and start installing it.
6. Once installed, Hulu will appear in the Apps section.
7. Now, open the Hulu app on your Android TV.
8. From the screen, select the login option. Further, choose to Activate on a computer option.
9. An activation code will appear on the screen.
10. From a web browser, visit, hulu.com/activate.
11. Enter the activation code in the space provided.
12. Finally, click on Activate and activate your account.
13. Start streaming your favorite shows from Hulu.
Cast Hulu to Android TV
Hulu is compatible with Chromecast support, so you can always cast Hulu from its app on your Android TV.
1. Start by connecting your Android TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install Hulu from Play Store or App Store on your smartphone as needed.
3. Open the Hulu app and Sign in to your Hulu account.
4. Tap on the Cast icon on your app.
5. Select your Android TV from the list of nearby devices.
6. It will start casting the app on your TV.
7. Finally, play any movie, show, or series you like and watch it on your Android TV.
How to Install and Watch Hulu on Android TV Outside the US
As we know, Hulu is available for access only in the US. So if you are out of the US, you might need to opt for other services. However, you can access Hulu outside of the US with a VPN and start streaming from a US server. Then, you might need to sideload Hulu on your device. To sideload Hulu, you need to follow these steps.
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
You need to have the Downloader app on your Android TV to sideload apps on it. Follow these steps to add the same.
1. Initially, open the Google Play Store on your device.
2. Click on the Search icon on the screen.
3. Type and search for Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
4. From the overview page, select the Install button. Further, wait for the installation process to complete.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
1. Initially, click on the Settings option on your home screen.
2. Navigate and click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Further, click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, choose Downloader and tap on the toggle located next to it.
Step 3: Sideloading Hulu Using Downloader
1. Open the new Downloader app on your TV. Further, click on Allow if prompted.
2. Further, enter the URL for the Hulu Android TV apk in the required section.
3. Now click on the Go option and download the Hulu APK file.
4. Finally, install it on your TV.
How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Android TV
Whenever the Hulu app fails to load the content on Android TV, try the following troubleshooting techniques.
- Force close the Hulu app and restart it.
- Clear the cache files of the Hulu app.
- Re-login to your Hulu account.
- Disconnect the VPN service (if you enabled it).
- Update the Hulu app.
- Update the Android TV.
- Reset Android TV and install the Hulu app again.
Other Supported Devices
Apart from Android TVs, Hulu is available on a variety of other devices. You can enjoy your subscription on any device of your convenience.
- Smartphones and Tablet [Android]
- iPhones and iPads
- Apple TV
- Mac, PCs, and web browsers.
- Echo Show
- Fire TV Stick and Fire TV
- Fire Tablets
- Roku and Roku Stick
With just one Hulu subscription, you can create six profiles for your family. So, you can keep your profile with the recommendation of shows of your interest. Also, keep track of your shows up to where you stopped watching. Further, if you have kids, restrict a profile to Hulu Kids Hub so that your kid can enjoy a safe Hulu experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can always download Hulu on your Android TV like any other app. However, make sure that your Android TV supports the app.
If you feel like your Hulu app takes so long to load, you might need to clear the cache on your app. With this, the app will load faster.
If you want to update Hulu, go to Apps > Store > Menu > App Updates > Hulu > Update on your device.