Hulu is one of the best streaming platforms for live TV channels, movies, and shows. It is also one of the cheapest streaming services currently available. Hulu is compatible with various Smart TV platforms, including Vizio, Sony, Samsung, TCL, and various models. It will be frustrating to see an error while streaming a movie or TV show. There are several reasons behind Hulu not working on Vizio Smart TV, including an outdated Hulu app, network connection down, cached data, and more. Fortunately, the issues can be fixed easily by the user with simple troubleshooting solutions.
How to Solve Hulu Not Working on Vizio Smart TV
- Check Internet Connection
- Reset Your Router
- Update Hulu App
- Update Vizio Smart TV
- Clear Cache on Hulu
- Hulu Server Issues
- Use VPN to Bypass Geo-Restrictions
- Uninstall And Reinstall Hulu
- Restart Vizio TV
- Power Cycle Vizio TV
- Factort Reset Vizio TV
1. Check Internet Connection
When the Hulu app is not working properly, you first need to check your internet connection. If the internet connection speed is slow, it can cause your Hulu to stop working. Hulu requires a minimum of 3Mbps to stream content, 8Mbps to watch live streams, and 16Mbps to stream 4K content. To solve your internet speed problem, bring your device close to the router or disconnect devices other than the TV from your Wi-Fi network.
2. Reset Your Router
If the internet is not even after trying out the above method, it indicates a problem with your router. To solve this problem, you need to restart your router.
1. Turn off your router and unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
2. Wait for at least 5 minutes, and plug the power cable back into the outlet.
3. Turn on the router and check whether your internet is working properly.
3. Update Hulu App
The reason for Hulu not working is mainly due to using the outdated app. With every update, the developers will fix errors, bugs & glitches and add new features to the app. So, if you are using an outdated version of the app, you will encounter a lot of problems.
1. Turn on your Vizio Smart TV and go to the App Store.
2. Select My Apps and search for the Hulu app.
3. Click on Update to update the Hulu app on your Vizio TV.
4. Now, open the app and check whether the app is working or not.
4. Update Vizio Smart TV
If your Vizio Smart TV is outdated, it can cause many problems when using apps. So, make sure that your Vizio Smart TV is up to date.
1. Launch your Vizio TV, and press the Menu button on your Vizio TV remote.
2. Navigate to the System and select Check for Updates.
3. If there is a new update available, install the update on your TV.
5. Clear Cache on Hulu
If the cache memory stored in your Hulu app is not cleaned regularly, it can cause the app not to work properly.
1. On the Vizio TV home screen, click on Settings.
2. Select Apps and choose All Apps.
3. Choose the Hulu app from the list of available apps and click on Clear Cache.
4. Click on OK and the cache stored on your app will be gone.
6. Hulu Server Issues
Another reason for the Hulu app not working might be the downfall of its servers. If the Hulu servers are down, you won’t be able to stream movies or TV shows. For this problem, all you can do is wait until the servers are fixed. You can check whether the Hulu servers in your region are down by visiting the official website or a third-party site called DownDetector.
7. Use VPN to Bypass Geo-Restrictions
Hulu is only available in the US, Puerto Rico, and some parts of Japan. In other parts of the world, you can’t access it due to geo-restrictions and you will get a message saying, “Sorry, Hulu is not available in your location.” To stream Hulu from anywhere in the world, you need to use VPN. You can install the VPN from your App Store. Since Hulu is a premium service, you can’t access it with free VPNs. You must try premium VPNs like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and Cyberghost VPN.
8. Uninstall And Reinstall Hulu
You can solve most of the background issues by uninstalling and reinstalling the Hulu app on Vizio TV.
Uninstall the Hulu App
1. Turn on your Vizio Smart TV and press the Home button on your TV remote.
2. Click on the My Apps section and select the Hulu app from the list.
3. Press and hold the OK button on your remote.
4. Select Delete on the pop-up menu to uninstall the app from Vizio TV.
Reinstall the Hulu App
1. Now, open the Vizio Smart TV App Store.
2. Enter Hulu on the search bar and choose the app from the search results.
3. Click on Install to install Hulu on the TV.
4. Sign in using your account and check whether it is working.
9. Soft Reset/Power Cycle Vizio TV
By resetting your Vizio TV, you can solve the most common issues like black screen, lagging, and more.
Reset Vizio TV
1. Turn off your TV and disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
2. Press and hold the Power button for about 3 – 5 seconds.
3. Connect the power cord to the outlet and turn on the TV.
4. Check whether your Hulu is working or not.
Soft Power Cycle
1. Launch your Vizio Smart TV, and press the Menu button.
2. Click on System and select Reset & Admin.
3. Select Soft Power Cycle, and your Vizio TV will restart.
11. Factort Reset Vizio TV
1. Press the Home button on your Vizio TV remote and select System.
2. Click on Reset & Admin and select Reset TV to Factory Defaults.
3. Enter the code 0000 if you haven’t changed the parental code and if you changed the code, then enter the new code.
4. Select Reset to reset your Vizio TV.
You can also try to factory reset your Vizio Smart TV using the TV buttons.
1. Press and hold the Input button and Volume buttons at the same time.
2. Hold the buttons until you see a message asking you to hold the ‘Input button.’
3. Hold the Input button, and your TV will reset.
- How to Fix Netflix Not Working on Vizio Smart TV
- How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on LG TV
- How to Solve Hulu Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Solve Disney Plus Not Working on Sony TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Hulu might not work on your Vizio Smart TV because of server issues, slow internet speed, black screen, and more.
Hulu Plus will no longer work on older Vizio Smart TVs due to the upgrade of the Hulu Plus app. This upgrade affects not only Vizio Smart TV but also other Smarts TVs.