Similar to Android smartphones and iPhones, you have to update apps on your Android Smart TV too. It is simple to update the applications and games on Android TV. If you are not updating the app, you cannot access new features. Some streaming apps like Netflix won’t work on Android TV if you are using the older version of the app. So, it is a must to update applications on Android Smart TV.
Steps to Update Apps on Android Smart TV
1. Open the Google Play Store from your Android TV home screen.
2. Click on the Profile icon.
3. Select Manage Apps and Games.
4. You will get the list of apps that are installed on your Android Smart TV.
5. Go to the app that you want to update and click on the Update button.
6. You can also tap the Update All button to update all the apps at once.
Steps to Enable Auto-Update Apps on Android Smart TV
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android Smart TV.
2. Then, click on Settings in the Play Store.
3. Select Auto-update apps and turn on the Auto-Update apps any time feature.
4. If you are so concerned about data usage, you can disable the Auto-Update Apps feature and update the apps manually.
How to Update Third-Party Apps on Android Smart TV
If you want to update the sideload apps on Android TV, you can’t use the Play Store. The apps and games that are installed on your Android TV via Downloader won’t be listed in the Play Store. To update those apps, you have to get the updated APK link from any of the Play Store clone websites.
All the given steps can be used to update applications on Android TV Boxes and Android TVs, Sony Bravia TV, and Philips Smart TV.
How to Fix Apps Not Updating on Android TV
There may be sometimes when your application on your Android Smart TV refuses to get updated. This situation will be really annoying and the reasons why apps are not updating on your Android Smart TV are vast. You can check on some troubleshooting steps to come over this issue.
Check the Internal Storage
Streaming apps like Amazon Prime and Hulu on Android TV will not work properly if the internal storage of your TV is full. Your device must have some free storage to download and update apps frequently.
1. Go to your Android Settings and click on Device Preferences.
2. Click on the Storage option.
3. You can see your storage details. If you want, you can delete some apps from your Android TV.
Delete Unused Apps
1. Go to the Apps section on your Android Smart TV.
2. Select the app that you wish to uninstall.
3. Long press the app icon and you will get an additional menu.
4. Choose the Uninstall option to remove the app from your Android Smart TV.
Clear the cache memory on your Android Smart TV and try again.
To update applications without Google Play, you can use third-party installers like Downloader and ES File Explorer on Android TV.