The 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup began on 20th November 2022. The first match was between the host nation Qatar and Ecuador. The match was not the greatest start for the host nation, losing to Ecuador (0-2). To watch the ever-exciting FIFA World Cup 2022 matches on your Android TV, you must install the Fox Sports app from the Play Store.
Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Android TV Using Fox Sports
With the Fox Sports app on your Android TV, you can watch all the live matches, highlights, full match replays, score updates, and more news about FIFA 2022.
1. On your Android TV, go to the Apps section.
2. Choose the Google Play Store application.
3. Click the Search icon and search for the Fox Sports or Fox Sports Now app.
4. Select the Fox Sports app from the search results.
5. Tap the Install button on the next screen.
6. The app will be installed on your Android TV, click the Open button to launch the Fox Sports app.
How to Activate Fox Sports on Android TV to Watch FIFA World Cup
Fox Sports on Android TV offers two options to activate the app. You can use the activation code or directly sign in using your TV provider credentials.
1. When you open the Fox Sports app, you will get the Sign In screen.
2. If you want to enter your TV provider credentials, tap the Sign In button and enter the credentials using the TV remote.
3. If you want to activate using the code, click the Sign In with Provider button. You will get an activation code.
4. Now, go to the Fox Sports activation website (https://go.foxsports.com/) and enter the code.
5. Click the Submit button and sign in with your TV provider.
6. Now, the Fox Sports app will be activated on your TV.
7. Navigate to the Sports section and play any FIFA matches.
Alternate Way to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Android TV
If you don’t want to install the Fox Sports app on Android TV, you can cast the app from your smartphone. To achieve the casting, you need to connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi.
1. Install the Fox Sports app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
2. Open the Fox Sports app and sign in with your TV provider account.
3. Tap the FIFA World Cup icon.
4. Now, you will get news and videos about FIFA 2022.
5. Go to the Videos section to get the live matches and highlights.
6. Play the video. On the playback screen, tap the Cast icon.
7. On the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
8. Now, the FIFA match will appear on your Android TV.
How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Android TV Without Fox Sports App
The FIFA World Cup 2022 matches are not streaming only on the Fox Sports app. It is available on all the live TV platforms that offer the Fox Sports channel. In the USA, there are Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and a few more live TV providers who offer the Fox Sports channel. Using the live TV apps, you can watch FIFA World Cup on Android TV without using cable.
YouTube TV is the best live TV option to stream FIFA World Cup 2022 on Android TV. You can install the YouTube TV app on your Android TV right from the Play Store. YouTube TV offers more than 85 live TV channels, including the Fox Sports channel. You can subscribe to YouTube TV for $64.99 monthly with a 5-day free trial. If you are a new user, you can get a subscription for $54.99 for the first three months.
YouTube TV Website: https://tv.youtube.com/
Installation Guide: YouTube TV on Android TV.
Sling TV is the cheapest option to stream FIFA World Cup. You can subscribe to the Sling Blue plan for just $35 per month. In the Sling Blue package, you will get 40+ channels along with Fox Sports. For more channels, you can subscribe to Sling Blue + Orange for $50 per month. Like the YouTube TV app, the Sling app is available on the Play Store.
Sling TV Website: https://www.sling.com/
Installation Guide: Sling TV on Android TV.
fuboTV is a live TV platform that is primarily focused on sports. Among all the live TV platforms, fuboTV holds the maximum number of sports channels. In the fuboTV, you will get three subscription plans starting from $69.99 per month. The Fox Sports channel is available on all three plans. Subscribe to any of the three plans and watch FIFA 2022 on your Android TV.
fuboTV Website: https://www.fubo.tv/
Installation Guide: fuboTV on Android TV.
How to Watch FIFA World Cup on Android TV Outside the USA
Fox Sports channel is available only in the USA. You can’t stream the channel if you are not residing in the USA. Based on the country, the streaming app or channel for FIFA 2022 varies. For instance, in the host country Qatar, you need to get the beIN Sports on Android TV to stream the FIFA matches. In the UK, you need to get the BBC iPlayer. You can get the full list of country-wise streaming channels on the FIFA website.
You can’t stream FIFA 2022 live matches on ESPN, But you can get score updates in the ESPN app on your Android TV.
To stream the FIFA World Cup matches on in India, you can use JioTV or MTV on Android TV.