Nvidia Shield TV is an Android TV-based streaming device. It is simply a type of Android TV box. Recently, the Nvidia Shield TV got upgraded to Android TV 13 along with more special features. There are varieties of reasons to remap the buttons on Nvidia Shield TV. When you remap Android TV remote buttons, you can take screenshots, access any apps easily, and do much more wonders. You can even remap the pre-installed Netflix button on Nvidia Shield to do specific tasks.
Table of Contents
How to Install Button Mapper on Nvidia Shield TV
1. On your Android TV, open Google Play Store.
2. Using the Search icon, search for the Button Mapper app.
3. Click the Install button to get the app on your Android TV.
4. Launch the Button Mapper app on your Android TV.
How to Setup Button Mapper on Android TV
After installing, you must enable the Button Mapper app to remap the Netflix button on your Nvidia Shield TV.
1. Press the Home option on the Button Mapper app.
2. You can see a pop-up message saying Start Accessibility Service. Click on OK in that pop-up.
3. Open the Settings menu and click on the Device Preference option.
4. Scroll down and select Accessibility.
5. In that, choose the Button Mapper app and turn on the toggle.
Steps to Remap Netflix Button on Nvidia Shield
1. Open the Button Mapper app on your Android TV.
2. Now, click on Add Buttons.
3. You can see a pop-up message saying Press Button to Add.
4. Long press the Netflix button on your Nvidia Shield TV remote.
5. The system name of your Netflix button will appear at the bottom of Add Buttons.
6. Click on that to change the function of the button.
7. Turn on the switch that is kept near the Customize option.
8. After that, you can see the settings like Single tap, Double tap, Long press, and so on to change the functions.
9. Likewise, you change the functions of any button on your TV by using this Button Mapper app.
Yes, you can disable the Button Mapper app to turn off the remapped Netflix button automatically.