Android TV is the ultimate source of entertainment that provides more than what you wish for. You can access all the popular apps like Paramount+, Hulu, Disney+, and Netflix on Android TV. Sometimes, you might feel the need to record your Android TV screen. If that is the case with you, the following section will help you with the same deal. Nowadays, the screen recording feature is indispensable to store our favorite media content for offline viewing.
This section will deal with methods to record screens on Android Smart TVs. Although there are many ways available to record the active screen of Android TV, we will focus only on the easy-to-understand techniques for you.
Table of Contents
How to Record Screen on Android TV
If you’re looking for a simple method to record screens on Android TV, then you need to install and use any screen recorder app on your TV. Here, we choose AZ Screen Recorder and Teamviewer applications to educate you.
Using AZ Screen Recorder
AZ Screen Recorder is a must-have screen recording app for Android. This screen recording app works just fine on your Android TV as well.
1. First, you need to install Send Files to the TV app on your Android TV and Android phone.
2. Next, install AZ Screen Recorder on your Android TV.
3. On your phone, get the Set Orientation APK file.
4. On your Android phone, launch Send Files to TV and connect with your Android TV.
5. Next, send the Set Orientation APK file to your Android TV from your phone.
6. On your Android TV, install the Set Orientation APK.
7. Open the Set Orientation app and change the orientation to Landscape.
8. Following that, you can launch the AZ Screen Recorder app.
9. Finally, you can start recording your Android TV in the same way as that on your Android phone.
The UI of AZ Screen Recorder isn’t designed for an Android TV. So, you might have to make use of a wired or wireless mouse to make it easier to use.
1. From the Google Play Store, install the TeamViewer app on Android TV.
2. Install the TeamViewer app on your desktop or laptop.
3. Launch the Teamviewer app on your computer as well as Android TV.
4. On your computer, enter the ID displayed on the TV screen and click on the Connect button.
5. Once the connection is established, you can see the TV screen on your PC.
6. From the top-right corner of your screen, click on the Export window.
7. Next, select the Files & Extras option from the toolbar and then the Start session recording button.
8. Wait till you finish recording and then click on the Start session recording button and save the same on your computer
9. Double-click on the recorded file and open it on your TeamViewer window.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can record shows even without the DVR with the help of a few worthy third-party apps. With that, you can record any app or show from different apps on your device.
Most popular apps give you access to DVR storage facilities to record shows. Some apps give this service for free, while others provide it with underpaid subscriptions. If you don’t have a DVR, you can use a few third-party apps to record your TV screen.