Jailbreaking an Android TV might be similar to rooting an iPhone. Once you jailbreak your Android TV Box, you can access new features that you couldn’t have accessed before. You can customize your device based on your wishes. There are a few applications blocked on Android TVs that you can unlock with jailbreaking. In the same way, you can get access to third-party applications.
Before getting into jailbreaking, you are advised to use any of the best VPNs for Android TV. It may protect your TV from unknown third-party trackers. By using the below procedures, you can jailbreak any Android TV and TV Box like Sony Smart TV, Hisense Smart TV, Philips Smart TV, Jetstream Box, MXQ Pro Box, Mi Box, and more.
Let us delve into the different methods of jailbreaking the Android TV device with step-by-step guidelines.
Table of Contents
How to Jailbreak Android TV Using One Click Rooting Tool
1. Using a web browser on your PC, enter bit.ly/4716pk1 to download the One Click Root application.
2. Upon successful downloading, install the tool on your Android TV.
3. Enable the USB debugging option before launching the application by following the below navigations.
- Settings → Device Preferences → About → Build → keep clicking on Build → go back to Device Preferences → Developer Options → Enable USB debugging.
4. Once done, launch the One Click Root app.
5. Connect your Android TV to the PC using a USB cable.
6. On your Android TV, open the Settings and select the Developers option.
8. Enable both ADB debugging and USB debugging. [Use our guide on ADB on Android TV for complete information]
9. Then, open the One-Click Root app and select the Root Now button.
10. Now, the rooting process will begin.
11. Once done, launch the Google Play Store and install the Root Checker app.
12. Using the Root Checker app, you can ensure if your device has been rooted or not.
13. Now, you can access all the restricted features on your Android TV.
How to Jailbreak Android TV using KingRoot
1. Turn on your Android TV Box and connect it to the internet.
2. Launch Settings from the home screen.
3. From the menu, select Security & Restrictions and turn on Unknown Sources.
4. Following that, accept the disclaimer.
5. You need to enable USB debugging.
6. Using the Browser, download the KingRoot APK file (https://bit.ly/3GMTBCY) on your Android TV.
7. Follow the prompts and click on Install the KingRoot APK.
8. Once the download is complete, launch the app on your Android TV.
9. Next, provide the necessary permissions to the app following the instructions.
10. Press the Try to root option and then press OK.
11. Wait till the home screen appears after the device is rooted.
12. Once the device is rooted, install the Root-Checker app on your Android TV to check whether the rooting is done or not.
What to do after Jailbreaking your Android TV Box
Once the Android TV Box’s file system is jailbroken, you can access files that you couldn’t download before. But, you have a few things to care about.
- Once you edit files on your Android TV, you need to follow a slow place.
- Some of the torrents can include copyright violations.
- You can face the risk of security threats in your system.
- You need to have a VPN on your Android TV.
- Ensure that you have a backup of your data frequently. The compromised Android TV may stop working abruptly.
- Also, stay away from buying premium features.
Frequently Asked Questions
To root your Android TV Box without a computer, you can use the KingRoot application.
Yes. You can install any third-party apps that aren’t available on the Play Store on Android TV with the help of sideloading method.