Paramount Plus is a popular subscription-based streaming app that offers on-demand videos and live TV channels. The app is compatible with many platforms. If you have LG TV, you can install the app from the LG Content Store. Sometimes, Paramount Plus may not work on LG TV by showing errors like displaying a black screen, not playing videos, and more. Paramount Plus not working on LG Smart TV is mainly because of some technical glitches, and the problem can be rectified easily with a simple device reboot.
How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on LG Smart TV
Paramount Plus not working is a simple problem. You can fix that with the following nine fixes.
- Check the internet connection
- Restart TV and router
- Reinstall the Paramount Plus app
- Update the app
- Check the subscription
- Clear app cache and data
- Update LG TV
- Factory reset LG TV
- Contact the help center
Check the Internet Connection
If the Paramount Plus app is not loading the content, it may be because of a problem with your internet connection. The Paramount Plus streaming app needs 4Mbps speed to load the content. So, there might be problems with the network connection, so find the problem and resolve it. If you cannot solve it, contact the internet service provider.
Restart TV and Router
Restart your router and TV to check whether the problem gets solved or not.
1. First, make sure that both devices are turned on.
2. Turn off the devices and remove the plug cord from the power source.
3. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. After that, replug the power cord and turn on both devices.
5. Launch the Paramount Plus app to check if the problem is solved.
Reinstall the Paramount Plus App
Next, you can reinstall the Paramount Plus on LG TV if it is not working. Because when you installed the app, there might have been interruptions. So, delete the app and reinstall it from the LG Content Store.
Uninstall Paramount Plus App
1. Press the Home button on the LG TV remote.
2. Go to the Edit mode, which looks like the pencil icon.
3. Choose the Paramount Plus app and tap the X button from the top of the app.
4. Click Yes to confirm to delete the Paramount Plus app.
Reinstall Paramount Plus App
1. Open LG Content Store on your LG TV.
2. Browse the Paramount Plus app and choose the app from the search results.
3. Next, click Install to install Paramount Plus on LG TV.
4. Wait for the installation process to complete.
5. Launch the app and stream seamlessly on your LG TV.
Update the Paramount Plus App
If you have not updated your Paramount Plus app, it might cause a problem. So, update the app to the latest version to check whether the problem is solved.
1. On your LG TV, go to the Featured app section.
2. Choose the Paramount Plus app.
3. Now, check whether an update is available. If available, click Install to install an update.
Check the Subscription
Check whether the Paramount Plus app subscription is expired. In most cases, it will be the main issue. You can check that and renew the plan if it is expired.
1. Visit the Paramount Plus official website.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Tap your profile icon and click Account.
4. Search for the Subscription & Billing section and click on it.
5. Under that, you can check the billing date to check whether the subscription is expired.
6. If so, you can renew your plan from the website.
Clear App Cache and Data
If there are too many temporary files stored in the Paramount Plus app, it will make the app load the content slowly. So, you can clear the app’s cache and data to solve the problems.
1. Navigate to System Settings on your LG TV.
2. Click on the Application Manager.
3. Scroll down and choose the Paramount Plus app.
4. Click the Clear Cache option and tap OK to confirm.
5. Next, click Clear Data and press OK to confirm.
Update LG Smart TV
The problem might occur because of the old firmware of the TV. So, you can update your LG Smart TV to solve the problem.
1. Press the Home button on the LG TV’s remote and choose Settings.
2. Under that, click All Settings and then the General option.
3. Choose the About This TV tab and click on Check for Updates to find if new updates are available.
4. Click Install to install the new firmware on LG TV.
Contact the Help Center
If you still face the problem even after trying out all the fixes, contact the Paramount Plus support team to ask for suggestions. They will ask for the device ID, IP address, and subscription details. Provide the necessary data, and they will help you with the solution.
- How to fix Netflix not working on LG TV
- How to fix Hulu not working on Samsung TV
- How to fix Disney Plus not working on Sony TV
- How to fix Netflix not working on Vizio TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You might not have updated the app, so update the app to the latest version to watch the content seamlessly from the app.
You can restart your LG TV, reinstall the app, update the app, and clear the cache to fix paramount Plus on LG TV.