Netflix is an excellent streaming app that provides streaming content in various categories. You can stream movies, TV series, documentaries, and more. The app is compatible with many platforms. If you have LG Smart TV, you can install the Netflix app from the Content Store. Sometimes, the Netflix app may get stuck due to technical issues. However, troubleshooting solutions are available to fix Netflix not working on the LG Smart TV issue.
Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV
Netflix not loading the content or getting frozen on a certain screen is a common issue on LG Smart TV. You can solve the issue by
- Checking the internet connection
- Restarting LG Smart TTV
- Reinstalling Netflix on LG Smart TV
- Updating the Netflix app
- Resetting Netflix app
- Checking location settings
- Resetting LG Smart TV
Check the Network Connection
You must check your internet connection when the Netflix app is not loading the content. If the app doesn’t get a proper signal, it may not load the content. So, check whether your LG TV is connected to a good network. Usually, the Netflix app needs 1Mbps for SD content, 3 Mbps for 720p HD content, 5 Mbps for 1080p HD, and 15 Mbps for 4K UHD content. You can restart your router and modem to solve the problem. If not, contact the internet service provider to solve the issue.
Restart LG Smart TV
If the Netflix app screen is frozen, try to restart your LG TV to fix it immediately.
1. Make sure your LG TV is turned on.
2. Remove the power cord from the power source.
3. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Replug the port again to the power port.
5. Press the Power button on the remote to turn on the TV.
6. Launch the Netflix app and check if it is working.
Reinstall Netflix on LG Smart TV
Reinstalling the Netflix app might solve the problem on the app. So, delete the app on the LG TV and install it again from the LG Content Store.
Uninstall Netflix on LG Smart TV
1. Turn on your TV and press the Home button on the remote.
2. Choose the Netflix app on the launch bar.
3. Press the center button on the remote until you see an arrow mark.
4. Tap on the X symbol.
5. On the pop-up, tap OK to confirm to delete the app.
Reinstall Netflix on LG Smart TV
1. Open LG Content Store from the Apps section.
2. Browse the Netflix app and choose the app from the search results.
3. Tap Install to install the app.
4. Launch the Netflix app and log in to your account.
5. Enjoy streaming seamlessly from Netflix on LG Smart TV.
Update the Netflix App
If you haven’t updated the Netflix app for a long time, it might be the problem for not working on LG Smart TV. So, updating the Netflix app on your TV may fix the problem.
1. On the LG TV home screen, click on Apps and open LG Content Store.
2. Search for the Netflix app in the LG Content Store.
3. Choose the Netflix app and click Update to update the app.
Reset Netflix App
Reset the Netflix app to delete all the cache files on the app. It will make the app work properly.
1. Click on the Apps section on the LG TV home screen.
2. Choose the Netflix app.
3. Click on Options and tap the Reset option.
4. All the profile information and the downloaded files will be deleted from the app.
5. After resetting the app, log in with your credentials to stream the content.
Check Location Settings
Netflix is used worldwide. Sometimes, the Netflix app might have chosen the wrong location. If it is incorrect, enter the correct location manually.
1. Launch the Settings menu on your LG TV.
2. Click on All Settings and choose the General option.
3 Under that, click on Location and enter your current location manually.
Reset LG Smart TV
After trying out all the fixes, you can reset LG TV to its factory settings if the issue persists on your device. It will fix all the problems with the TV and the app.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and go to Settings.
2. Tap the All Settings option and tap on General.
3. Under that, scroll down to choose Reset to Initial Settings.
4. On the prompt that appears, tap OK to confirm the reset.
5. After the reset, set up your LG TV and install the Netflix to stream the required content.
Related Troubleshooting Guides
- How to fix Disney Plus not working on LG TV
- How to fix Hulu not working on Android TV
- How to fix Netflix not working on Samsung TV
- How to fix Prime video not working on Sony TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You can reinstall the Netflix app if you can’t update the app.
Check the internet connection if Netflix is not loading the content.