Hulu is one of the most popular streaming platforms for watching movies, TV shows, and more. It is available for devices like Android, Firestick, Mac, Android TV, and more. Like other streaming apps, there are times you may face issues with Hulu on Android TV. It includes app freezing on the home screen, displaying a blank screen, buffering while streaming, and more on your Android TV. There are few troubleshooting methods available to fix Hulu not working issue on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Solve Hulu Not Working on Android TV
Below are the troubleshooting methods to fix Hulu not working on Android TV.
- Check Your Internet Speed
- Check Whether Hulu Servers are Down
- Sign Out and Sign In on Hulu
- Clear Data on Hulu
- Update the Hulu App
- Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu App
- Force Stop Hulu App
- Restart Your Hulu App or TV
- Check Whether Your Hulu Plan is Active
- Power Cycle Android Smart TV
Check Your Internet
The first thing you need to check is whether your internet connection is working or not. Because Hulu is an online streaming platform and you need the internet to stream the contents available on it. Now, check whether your Android TV is connected to Wi-Fi. If it is connected, check the internet speed by opening other apps. If your internet speed is slow, you need to restart the router.
Check Android TV Connected to Wi-Fi
1. Turn on your Android TV. On the home screen, select Settings.
2. Click on Network and Internet. Here, you can check whether your TV is connected to the internet and the signal strength of the Wi-Fi.
Restart the Router
1. Remove your router’s power cable from the wall outlet and wait for a few minutes.
2. Plug the power cable back in and check whether your internet is working.
Check Whether Hulu Servers are Down
It’s possible that Hulu isn’t working because its servers are down. If the servers in your region are having some problems, then you won’t be able to stream Hulu until those problems are fixed. You can go to Hulu’s official website or use a third-party site called DownDetector to know whether the servers are working or not.
Sign Out and Sign In on Hulu
If there are log-in issues with your Hulu app, it may stop the app from working properly. So Sign Out of Hulu, and try signing back in after a few minutes.
1. Open the Hulu app on your TV and click on the Account icon.
2. Select Log Out to sign out of Hulu.
3. After a few minutes, enter your Hulu account details to sign in.
4. Now, check whether the app is working or not.
Clear Data on Hulu
If the data on your Hulu app is corrupted, it can cause some problems for Hulu. You need to clear all the data available on Hulu so the app can work properly.
1. Launch your Android TV and select Settings.
2. Click on Apps and choose the Hulu app.
3. Select Delete Data or Clear Data and click on OK.
4. All the data stored on your app will be gone, and check whether the app is working or not.
Update the Hulu App
Using older versions of the Hulu app can cause problems that affect performance or cause the app not to work properly. So make sure you update the app whenever you find a new version.
1. On the home screen, select Apps and click on Google Play Store.
2. Click on Settings and select Auto-Update Apps.
3. Turn on the toggle on AutoUpdate App at Any Time.
4. It will make the apps update automatically whenever a new version is available.
Update System Software
If the system software you use is too old, it can cause the apps on your TV to not work properly. So, check and update your Android TV regularly.
1. Launch your Android TV and select Settings.
2. Click on Device Preferences and select About.
3. Select System Update and click on Software Update.
4. Click on OK, and the system software will be updated.
Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu App
By uninstalling and reinstalling the app, you can solve problems related to it.
1. Turn on your Android TV and click on Settings.
2. Select Apps and click on See All Apps.
3. Choose the Hulu app and select Uninstall.
4. Click on OK, and the app will be uninstalled.
To reinstall the app:
1. Select Apps on the home screen and click on Play Store.
2. Enter Hulu on the search bar and choose the app from the search results.
3. Select Install to install Hulu on Android TV.
4. Sign in using your account details and check whether the app is working or not.
Force Stop Hulu App
You can try to force stop the Hulu app so that it can work properly.
1. Go to Settings and select Apps.
2. Navigate to the Hulu app. Select Force Stop and click on OK.
3. After a few seconds, launch the Hulu app and check it the app is working or not.
Restart Your Android TV
Restarting your Android TV is one of the best methods to solve most issues on your TV.
1. On the home screen, select Settings and click on Device Preferences.
2. Click on About and select Restart.
3. Select OK to restart your Android TV.
Check Whether Your Hulu Plan is Active
As you know, Hulu is a streaming service that requires a subscription to stream the content. If you have forgotten to pay the subscription price within the required time, your plan will no longer be active. So, make sure you pay the subscription on time to keep your plan active.
Power Cycle Android Smart TV
1. Turn off your Android TV by pressing the Power button on your remote.
2. Remove the power cable from the wall outlet and wait for a few minutes.
3. Turn on your Android TV by plugging the power cable back in. Check whether the Hulu app is working or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Select Settings → Device Preferences → About → Factory data reset → Erase Everything → Yes to factory reset Android TV.
Hulu may not work on Android TV because of problems with the server, cache and data issues, using an outdated version, and more.