The amount of data that we consume daily has increased exponentially. It is still increasing, especially for those who binge-watch the latest movies, tv shows, and other high-quality streaming content. As many users have limited internet plans, and we also need internet for other purposes like studies, office work, and more, we need to find a way to save data while streaming videos. This is where data saver mode comes in, and it helps us save data when streaming videos on Android TV.
What is the Use of Enabling Data Saver Mode?
Data Saver is a mode that helps restrict internet usage in the background. A statistics report states that enabling data saver mode lets you stream three times more content for the same amount of data. Hence, you can watch more content for the same amount of data and have enough data to do other things.
How to Enable Data Saver Mode on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and press the Home button on your Android TV remote.
2. Go to Settings and select Network and Internet.
3. Select Data Saver and turn it ON.
4. If you want to be notified after you reach a certain amount of data, you can set up Data Alerts.
Related – How to Solve Insufficient Storage on Android TV
What to Do When You Can’t Find Data Saver Mode on Android TV?
In some Android TVs, you can’t find the Data Saver Mode. The main cause would be the OS has not been updated to the latest version or because of other reasons. But don’t worry, you can solve this issue by following the steps below:
1. On the Android TV home screen, select Apps.
2. Navigate to Play Store and enter Android TV Data Saver.
3. Choose the app from the search results and select Install.
4. Wait for the installation to finish and return to the home screen.
5. Select Settings → Network and Internet → Data Saver.
6. The data saver mode will be enabled on your TV.
Related – How to Add Multiple Users on Android TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Data Saver will save at least 50% of the data while streaming videos.
You can turn off your Data Saver on Android TV by going to Settings → Network and Internet → Data Saver → Off.
Data Saver works by reducing the amount of data your device downloads while loading web pages, videos, etc.