If you are the type of person who uses a lot of apps on Android TV, you may have come across a storage issue. Although the amount of internal storage varies from TV to TV, it won’t be that large compared to smartphones, PCs, laptops, or other devices. Add to that, if you’ve downloaded so many files or apps, the amount of free storage space will be less, which affects your Android TV performance. So, you need to delete the apps and files that you don’t need anymore and free up Android TV space instead of just keeping them there. Go through the article to find how to delete downloads on Android Smart TV.
Table of Contents
Methods to Delete Downloads on Android TV / Android TV Box
Android TV gives you different ways to delete downloads, and they are:
- Delete Apps Using TV Settings
- Delete Apps Using Play Store
- Remove Downloaded Files Using Storage
- Delete Downloaded Files Using File Browser
How to Delete Apps Using TV Settings
1. Launch your Android TV and select Settings.
2. Scroll down to Device and choose Apps.
3. Select Downloaded Apps and choose the app you want to delete.
4. Click on Uninstall and select OK.
5. The app will be deleted from your TV.
How to Delete Apps Using Play Store
1. Turn on your TV and go to Apps.
2. Select Play Store and search for the app you want to uninstall/delete.
3. Click on Uninstall, and the app will be deleted.
How to Delete Downloaded Files Using Storage
If you have downloaded files like Apks, images, videos, and songs from the internet, they will be stored in the Download Folder. To delete these files from the folder, follow the steps below:
1. On your Android TV home screen, select Settings.
2. Navigate to Storage and select Downloads.
3. Select the files you want to delete and click on the trash icon.
How to Delete Downloaded Files Using File Browser
This method is only applicable to Android TV Boxes that have File Browser.
1. Launch your Android TV and Press the Home button.
2. Select the Settings icon and scroll down to File Browser.
Note: For some Android TV, the File Browser will be available on the home screen.
3. Choose Local Disk and navigate to Download Folder.
4. All the files that you have downloaded will be available here.
5. Select the Files you want to delete and click on the Delete option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Play Store > Search the app > Uninstall. The app that you want to delete will be deleted on Android TV.
Clear the cache files, and then restart your Android TV when you have issues with uninstalling the app.
Yes, you can easily delete apk files on Android TV.