TCL Android TV is one of the best Android TVs that is available in the market. From the TV speakers, you get a wonderful listening experience. To enhance your listening experience on the TV, you can connect the soundbar to your TCL Android TV. Like other smart TVs, you can connect your soundbar easily to the TV. You can connect the soundbar using HDMI ARC, Digital Optical, RCA cable, and more. Each model of TCL Android TV comes with a different input source. So, before connecting your soundbar to your TV, you must find what type of input source your TV model has.
How to Connect Soundbar to TCL Android TV
1. First, turn off your TCL Android TV and the soundbar.
2. Find the HDMI ARC port at the back of your TV.
3. Next, connect one end of the HDMI cable to your soundbar and another end to the HDMI port on your TV.
4. Turn on both devices and press the Input or Source button on the TV remote and choose the HDMI input to which you have connected your soundbar.
5. Now, play any audio and it will play through your soundbar.
Sometimes HDMI ARC is disabled on the TV by default. To enable that follow the steps given below.
1. Press the Home button on the remote and choose Settings.
2. Next, tap System and then Control Other Devices (CEC).
3. Scroll down and click HDMI ARC and press the OK button on the remote.
4. Now, System Audio Control is enabled on your TV. You can play and watch the video on your TV in the best quality.
How to Connect Soundbar to TCL Android TV Without HDMI
If your TV doesn’t have an HDMI port, then you can use the optical cable and AV Adapter to connect your soundbar. If your TV has an optical port, connect the cable to the port and your soundbar. Further, if you have an AV adapter, you can plug in the adapter to your TV and the RCA connectors. Then, connect the RCA connector to your soundbar to establish the connection.
Once you have connected the CEC compatible devices to the TV, you have to make your TV recognize the connected CEC devices. For that, follow the steps given below.
1. Press the Home button on the TV’s remote and choose the Settings option.
2. Scroll down to select the System option.
3. Next, choose the Control other Devices (CEC) option.
4. Now, press the right arrow button and select Search for CEC devices.
5. Press the OK button and the TV will search for the available CEC-compatible devices.
6. Choose your device name and play any video and enjoy it on your soundbar.
Related: How to connect Android phone to TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can connect your Samsung soundbar to TCL Android TV, using the HDMI ARC port. If your TV supports Bluetooth, you can connect the soundbar via Bluetooth as well.
You can connect your external speakers to TCL TV through HDMI cable and wirelessly if your TV supports a wireless connection.
If your soundbar is not working with TCL Android TV, check whether CEC controls are active on your TV.