Android TV and Android TV boxes allow you to play games on the TV in addition to watching media content. You can install and play all the popular games on Android TV. Most of us use gamepads to play games. By connecting the gaming controllers and gamepads, you can enjoy the gaming to the next level. The gamepads can be connected to the Android TV via Bluetooth support. If you’re wondering how to connect a gamepad to Android TV, here is the solution.
Table of Contents
How to Connect a Gamepad to Android TV
If you have wireless gamepads, you can connect them easily to Android TV via Bluetooth. Keep your gamepad in the Bluetooth pairing mode and proceed with the steps given below.
1. Turn on your Android TV and navigate to the home screen.
2. On the home screen, tap the Profile icon and choose Settings.
3. Under that scroll down to the Remote & Accessories option.
4. Choose Pair Remote or Accessory.
5. Select your gamepad from the list you get.
6. On the next screen, tap the Pair option.
7. That’s it. Now you can use the gamepad to play games on your Android TV.
- Home button – To return to the main screen
- Back button – To go back to the last screen
- D-Pad buttons – To move up, down, left, or right
- A button – To select the current item
- Power button – To turn off your gamepad
If you leave the gamepad idle for a few minutes, it will go to sleep mode. If your gamepad is not compatible with Bluetooth, you can use a USB cable to connect the gamepad to Android TV.
How to Fix Gamepad Not Pairing with Android TV Issue
Sometimes you will find it difficult to pair the gamepad to your Android TV. In that case, follow any one of the fixes given below to resolve the issue.
Repair your Gamepad
1. Press the power button on the bottom of your Android TV.
2. Press and hold the Back and Power buttons on the gamepad.
3. If your gamepad is not shown on the screen, you can select it from the list.
Restart your Android TV and Gamepad
To restart your Android TV, unplug the TV cable from the socket and plug it in again after 10 seconds.
To restart your gamepad, remove the battery holder for 5 seconds and insert it again in the place. Then, try to repair your gamepad to Android TV.
Factory Reset your Android TV
1. Go to Settings >> Device Preferences.
2. Tap Storage & Reset.
3. Click Factory Data Reset.
4. Select Erase Everything and tap OK to factory reset your Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Settings >> Remote and Accessories and choose your gamepad to connect it to Android TV.
As of now, you can’t use your phone as a gamepad. However, we can expect Google Play Services let you use your Android phones to play Android TV games in the future.