Most of us use Android smartphones for various purposes. With an Android phone, you can make calls, send and receive text messages, stream media content from streaming apps and do a lot more. You can also install thousands of apps from Google Play Store on your phone. Do you know that you can share your Android phone with your Android TV to enjoy the content on the big screen? Yes, you can connect your Android phone to a TV in different ways.
How to Connect Android Phone to TV
You can connect your Android phone to a TV in different ways. You can use any one of the methods given below to share your Android screen to TV.
- Cast with Chromecast
- Screen Mirroring
- Use an HDMI cable adapter
- Connect through Bluetooth
- Connect via AV Cable
- Share screen with third-party app
- Use a Miracast Dongle
Cast with Chromecast to Connect Android to TV
The first method that you can use to connect Android to TV is using Chromecast. It is a casting device that lets you watch any content on the big screen easily. If you have an in-built Chromecast-supported TV, you don’t need a Chromecast device. There are a lot of apps available on Android with native support for casting. You can use them to connect Android to TV.
1. Connect your TV and Android phone to the same network connection.
2. Install and launch the app that you want to watch.
3. Tap the Cast icon from the app’s screen.
4. Choose your TV’s name from the list you get.
5. Now, play the content from the app and watch it on your smart TV.
Screen Mirror to Connect Android to TV
If the app that you use is not compatible with casting, you can screen mirror your Android phone completely to the TV to watch the content on the big screen. To screen mirror your Android phone, you must have a Chromecast device or Chromecast built-in TV. Nowadays, most Android devices come with a casting feature, so, you can screen mirror your screen easily.
1. Make sure to connect your Android phone and your TV to the same network connection.
2. Move to the Notification Panel and choose the Cast option.
3. Select your TV’s name from the available list.
4. Now, your Android screen is mirrored to your TV.
5. Then, launch any app and play the content on the TV.
Note: You can also use the Google Home app on your Android to screen mirror your device.
Using HDMI Cable Adapter
In case you don’t have an in-built Chromecast TV or a Chromecast device, you can share Android to TV with an HDMI cable. If your Android TV has a USB-C port, you can use USB-C to HDMI adapter to connect the device. You just have to plug in the adapter to your phone and connect the HDMI cable to the adapter and then connect the cable to the TV.
If your Android device has an older Micro USB port, then you need to use a micro USB to HDMI adapter to connect your Android screen. To use this adapter, your phone should have support for MHL.
How to Connect Android Phone to TV via Bluetooth
The next method you can use to connect an Android phone to TV is Bluetooth. Let’s look at the steps to connect an Android phone to a TV via Bluetooth.
1. Press the home button on the Android TV remote.
2. From the home screen, go to Settings.
3. Scroll down and click Network & Accessories option.
4. Choose Bluetooth Settings and press the Select button.
5. Now, turn on Bluetooth on your TV.
6. Further, take your Android phone and go to the Notification Panel.
7. There, turn on the Bluetooth option.
8. Now, your phone will look for available Bluetooth devices.
9. Choose your TV name from the list you get.
10. Once both devices are connected, you can play the content and that will play on your Android TV.
Connect Android Phone to TV using AV Cable or RCA Cable
If you have an old Android TV without an HDMI port, you can use an AV cable to connect your Android phone to the TV. To use this method, your Android phone must have HDMI output and you must have the converter device.
1. First, connect the HDMI OTC cable to your Android phone and the other end to the converter device.
2. Then, connect the AV cable to the converter.
3. Connect the converter to the TV using the AV cable. You must connect the cables properly (red with red and yellow with yellow).
4. Once connected, choose the AV input from your TV.
5. That’s it. Now you have connected your Android screen to your TV.
Use a Miracast Dongle
If your TV doesn’t have the support for Chromecast, then you can try to use Miracast to connect your Android smartphone. A lot of apps support the Miracast feature. Buy a Miracast dongle and connect it to your TV’s HDMI port. If you have Android 6.0 and later, go to Settings >> Device Connection >> Screen Mirroring to share your Android device to the TV. If you have older TVs, navigate to Settings >> Display >> Cast Screen and turn on the Enable wireless display option to connect the device to the TV.
Related: How to Control Android TV from Windows PC.
There are a lot of free screen-sharing apps available in the Play Store. You can use them to share your Android phone to TV. With these apps, you can cast the content without mirroring your entire screen. You can use LocalCast and AllCast apps to share Android devices to the TV.
All the above-mentioned methods are applicable to all Android Smart TVs like Philips, Sony, Hisense, and TCL Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a wireless connection, you can use the Cast or Bluetooth feature.
If there is no WiFi connection on your TV or the WiFi is not working on Android TV, you can use the USB or HDMI cable to connect your smartphone to the TV.