If you are wondering how to connect AirPods to Android TV, you have come to the right spot. Apple AirPods has garnered the affection from all kinds of people across the world. It delivers a next-level private listening experience to the users. By performing a simple hack, Android TV users can connect and listen to AirPods. However, a few features like Quick Connect and Battery Percentage of AirPods can’t be accessed while using it on your TV as some advanced features of AirPods are available only for Apple devices.
You can connect the Apple AirPods to any of the Android TV OS-supported models like Sony Smart TV, Sharp Smart TV, Mi Smart TV, and more. This write-up will teach you how to connect Apple AirPods to Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Connect AirPods to Android TV
With the help of either Bluetooth Settings or Bluetooth adapter, you can connect AirPods to your Android TV. Based on your convenience, you choose any of the methods discussed below. However, connecting AirPods to the TV via Bluetooth Settings is a preferable one as it is easy to do and doesn’t require physical gadgets like an adapter.
Through Bluetooth Settings
1. Press the Home button on your Android TV remote to get the home screen.
2. Open the Settings menu.
3. Select the Remotes & Accessories option.
4. On the next screen, turn on Bluetooth on your Android TV and select the Add accessory option.
If you’re landing the Sound Output menu, then you should choose Bluetooth device or Wireless device to do further.
5. Take your AirPods and turn it on.
For AirPods 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen, and AirPods Pro, long press the Pairing or Setup button. For AirPods Max, press and hold the Noise Control button.
8. Now, a white light will flash, indicating the AirPods are in the pairing mode.
9. On your TV screen, choose the AirPods or AirPods Max from the Discovered Devices list.
10. Now, the AirPods will be paired with the Smart TV. You can listen to all the audio notes with your AirPods.
Using Bluetooth Adapter
1. Connect your Bluetooth Adapter to your Android TV by using the adapter’s user manual.
2. Turn on the adapter and put it in pairing mode.
3. Then, switch on your AirPods and make it pairing mode.
4. Take the AirPods closer to the Bluetooth adapter until they establish the connection between them.
After a few minutes, both devices will connect with one another. Then, you can use your AirPods to listen to the sound from your Android TV.
AirPods Not Connecting to Android TV
There will be times when your AirPods refuse to pair with your Smart TV. This can happen because of Bluetooth connectivity issues. This problem can be solved by following some basic troubleshooting steps.
- Disconnect your AirPods from your TV and bring back both the left and right earbuds to the AirPods charging case.
- Long press the Setup button on the AirPods charging case for almost 15 seconds or until the LED light flashes.
- This will reset the AirPods
- After that, try to pair it to the Android TV.
If you can’t pair AirPods or any kind of Bluetooth device to your Android TV, there may be some issues with the Bluetooth connection on your TV. Restart your Android TV to fix the issue.
Yes. Apple AirPods are compatible with all Android devices like smartphones, smart TVs, and set-top boxes.
Yes. You can connect AirPods to MI Smart TV using the Bluetooth connectivity feature.