Android TV is one of the best Smart TVs available in the market. It has the largest number of apps available in its store when compared with other Smart TVs. With the number of apps available for you to use, you may install and use a lot of apps. Even after closing particular apps, they may run in the background which will make your Android TV slower. It may become a hindrance while streaming on other apps. So you have to force close them to enhance the performance of other Android TV apps.
How to Close Apps on Android TV / Android TV Box
1. On your Android TV remote, press the home button twice.
2. It will display the recently used apps.
3. Navigate to the app that you want to close.
4. Select the down button to highlight the X icon.
5. Press the Select button to close the respective app.
Close Apps on Android TV from Settings
1. On your Android TV, press the Home button on your remote.
2. Select Apps on the left side menu.
3. Choose the App that you want to Force stop by using the left, right, up, and down buttons.
4. Press and hold the OK button on your remote until a pop-up menu appears.
5. Click on Info from the available options and select Force Stop.
6. On the Force Stop menu, select OK to force stop the app.
Related: How to Restart Android TV
Close Apps on Android TV Using Background Apps and Process List App
1. Turn on your Android TV and select Apps.
2. Navigate to Google Play Store and click on the search bar.
3. Enter Background Apps and Process List: Find, close apps using the on-screen keyboard.
4. From the search results, choose the app.
5. Select Install to download and install the app on your TV.
6. Once the installation is done, open the app.
7. Here, you will see the apps that are slowing down your Android TV.
8. Select the app that you want to stop and click on Force stop.
9. Click on OK and it will stop the app from running in the background.
Frequently Asked Questions
We need to Force Stop apps so that we can clear the cache data of that app and improve the speed of the Android TV.
On your Android TV, go to Apps > select the app > press and hold the OK button > Select Info > Force Stop > OK.