Smart devices like smartphones, smart TVs, and streaming devices will store a lot of temporary files. These temporary files are known as cache files. If you are using your Android TV for a longer period of time, these cache files will occupy too much memory space and your Android TV will have some performance issues. If you have any such issues with your Android TV, you have to clear the cache files.
Most of the time, streaming apps like Netflix, YouTube TV, and Hulu on Android TV will store too much of cache files. With that, the specific streaming app will not work on your Android TV. For instance, if the Netflix app has too much of cache files, the Netflix app on Android TV will not work properly or can’t stream any video content.
This guide pens down all possible ways to remove unwanted cache files on your Android TV or on any application.
Why Do You Need to Clear Cache on Your Android TV
As an Android TV user, you must know all the hacks to clear the cache file on your TV. Although the cache is a tiny amount of background data, it will be a serious threat to your device if you skip to clear it for a long period. Here are some reasons to deliver the importance of clearing the cache on Android TV.
- To improve the performance speed of TV
- Avoid the lack of space problem on your TV
- Clear the temporary bugs and glitches associated with the particular app
- Enhance the overall device speed
- To solve the slow loading issues while using.
How to Clear Cache on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and press the Home button on the TV remote.
2. From the homepage, go to the Settings menu.
3. Select Device Preferences.
4. Look for the Storage option and click on it.
5. Scroll down and select Cached data.
6. On the pop-up window, hit the OK button concurrently to grant permission to clear the cache files.
How to Clear App Cache on Android TV Via Settings
1. Open your Android TV, and go to Settings.
2. Select the Apps menu and choose See All Apps.
3. Choose the app or apps that you want to clear the data and cache memory.
4. Now, tap the Clear Cache button on the screen.
5. Click on the OK button to complete the process.
6. In the same way, you can tap the Clear data button to delete unwanted data on the specific app.
Alternative Way to Clear App Cache on Android TV
1. Navigate to the homepage of Android TV and head to the All Apps section.
2. Highlight the app you want to clear the cache and press the OK button on the remote.
3. From the pop-up menu, choose the Info option.
4. Now, select Clear Cache and proceed with OK to erase the cache files.
How to Clear Cache on Android TV via Third-Party App
This is an alternative way to clear the cache and data memory on your Smart TV. In this method, you have to download a third-party app called CCleaner on your Android Smart TV.
1. Install the CCleaner app from the Play Store.
2. Open the CCleaner app on your Android TV.
3. Tap the Quick Scan button to scan for hidden files, APKs, thumbnails, empty folders, residual files, caches, cookies, and more.
4. After the scanning, tap the Clear button to delete all the temporary files on your Android TV.
5. If you want, you can also enable the Automatic Cleaning feature to clear the cache file automatically. For this, you have to set the time and size limit like 24 hours, 48 hours. 72 hrs, & one week, and 50 MB, 100 MB, 150 MB, & 250 MB.
Some Other Ways to Clear Cache on Android TV
If you want to perform none of the above methods, you can use some atypical methods to remove the cache on Android TV.
- Forced close the recently used apps.
- Restarting Android TV can help to erase the cache files on your TV.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Reset Android TV – It will remove all your data and get back your device to the default stage.
That is all about clearing the temporary cache files on your Android TV. You can use the above-mentioned steps to clear the cache memory on any Android Smart TV like Sony. TCL, Philips, and JVC. Do it regularly to avoid any performance issues.
To increase the performance of your Android TV Box, you need to clear the cache files or delete the apps that have a huge storage.
By clearing the cache files accumulated on your TV and used applications, you can easily free up space on your TCL Smart TV.