Casting is a process of playing media content on the bigger screens from the smartphone or PC. Your casting device and the receiving device have to be on the same WiFi network for this process. By doing so, you can view or play your favorite pictures, videos, files, and audio on larger screens. This guide will discuss the simple ways to cast media content from smartphone or PC to Android Smart TV.
What is the difference between Casting and Screen Mirroring?
While casting, only the media content from the smartphone or PC will appear on the TV screen. Whereas the screen mirroring mirrors the entire screen of your smartphone or PC on the TV screen.
Table of Contents
Different Methods to Cast Apps to Android TV
- Cast to Android TV With Built-in Support
- Cast to Android TV Using Android Smartphone Settings
- Cast iPhone/iPad to Android TV Using Replica
- Cast Windows/Mac PC to Android TV Using Chrome Browser
Cast With Built-in Support
Most of the popular apps on Android and iOS smartphones have built-in support to cast the contents. Some of them are
Visit this page to find the complete list.
1) On your smartphone, open the app with built-in cast support.
2) Select the Cast icon on the top right side of the video.
3) From the list of available devices, select your Android TV.
4) You will receive a prompt on your Android TV. Select OK.
5) Now, the contents on the screen will be cast to the TV.
6) Choose the Video you want to stream and enjoy streaming it on TV.
Screen Mirroring Android Smartphone
When you don’t have the Cast support on the app, your can screen mirror the device to watch the content.
1) Launch your Android device and go to the Notification bar.
2) Select Cast and from the list of available devices, choose your Android TV.
3) Your entire device screen will appear on the Android TV.
4) Now, open the app you want and play the required media to watch it on the TV.
Note – You can also use the Google Home app to screen mirror Android smartphones.
Screen Mirroring iPhone
1) Turn on your iPhone and go to App Store.
2) Download and install Replica on your iOS device.
3) Open the Replica app, and you will see the list of available devices on the home screen.
4) Choose your Android TV and select OK.
5) The contents on your screen will be mirrored on the Android TV.
6) Open any app and play the thing that you want to watch on your Android TV.
Screen Mirroring Windows/Mac
1) Turn on your PC and open the Google Chrome browser.
2) Select the three parallel dots button on the top right corner of the screen.
3) Click on Cast and choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
4) Your screen will be mirrored to the Android TV.
5) Search for the thing that you want to enjoy streaming on Android TV.
Those who do not have a Google Chrome browser on their PC can use the method below to cast to Android TV.
1) Press Windows + K on the keyboard, and you will see a Connect window opening on the right side of the screen.
2) From the list of available devices, select your Android TV.
3) You can now cast content from the PC to the TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most Android TVs have built-in Chromecast support to receive content from smartphones. So there is no need to purchase the Chromecast device when you have Android Smart TV. Instead, launch the desired app > click on the Cast icon and select your Android TV.
Go to settings > Connection & Sharing > Cast and turn on the toggle. Next, choose the device you want to screen mirror to and select OK.