Hoopla is a free public streaming library filled with audiobooks, comics, movies, TV shows, etc. You can learn from e-books and audiobooks available in the app. It brings more than 850000 content to the users to access. You will get almost 10000 new content to watch every month. If you are a good reader, you will find the best audiobooks and e-books from the Hoopla app. If you love to watch old movies, Hoopla is the best option to get good collections of classic movies. Hoopla is available on all the major platforms. However, it is not available for Android TV. Let’s explore how to install and watch Hoopla on Android TV.
On Hoopla, you can access the available content 24/7. The app has a user-friendly user interface, and it is very simple to use. Further, it supports kids mode. By enabling this feature, you can watch family-friendly content. In addition, you can save your leaving pages with the digital bookmark. It also supports Android auto, so you can listen to the books while traveling.
The Hoopla is 100% free to use, and there is no subscription fee. You can create a free Hoopla account or use a library card through the public library system to access the content.
Hoopla Android TV
Hoopla isn’t available for Android TV. So, you cannot install the app directly on the TV. However, you can install the third-party apk file on Android TV. This download method is accessible on the following TVs and streaming Boxes running on Android TV OS.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- VU Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Hair Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mi Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
- DIRECTV STREAM Box
How to Install Hoopla on Android TV using Downloader
In this section, we have explored the detailed procedure to sideload Hoopla on Android TV using the Downloader app. Downloader is the best app to install third-party apps on Android TV.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV
2. Go to the Search bar and type Downloader.
3. Click on Downloader by AFTVnews and tap Install to install the app.
4. Once the app is installed, return to the home screen and click on the Settings icon.
5. Select Device Preferences >> Security & Restrictions.
6. Click on the Unknown Sources. Choose the Downloader and slide the toggle to enable the unknown source access.
7. Now, launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
8. Provide the Hoopla Android TV apk URL in the required field.
9. After typing, tap the Go button to install Hoopla on Android TV.
10. Finally, tap Open to launch the app.
11. Start watching videos from Hoopla on Android TV.
Cast Hoopla to Android TV from a smartphone
If you are not interested in sideloading the third-party app, you can cast the app to Android TV from your smartphone. Casting is very easy as the app is compatible with Chromecast naturally.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Download the Hoopla app from Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOS).
3. Launch the app on your smartphone.
4. Now, click the Cast icon from the top right corner of the screen.
5. Choose your Android TV name from the list that is shown.
6. Then, play any video that will play on your Android TV.
Other Supported Devices
- iPod Touch
- Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You can watch Hoopla on Samsung Smart TV with any browser.
To cast Hoopla on your TV, install the Hoopla app on your smartphone. Launch it and tap the Cast icon from the right corner and choose your smart TV name from the list.
You cannot install Hoopla on your Android TV directly. However, you can sideload the app on the TV.