Today, we have a lot of VPNs providing safety and security for you online. Hola VPN is considered one of the best VPN services to establish an encrypted connection while surfing the internet on your Android TV. Fortunately, you can directly get Hola VPN as there is an official app available for it on the Play Store of Android TV. Further, sideloading is also possible to get this VPN on your TV if you are looking for an alternative way.
As the simplest hack, you can add Hola VPN as an add-on to all popular web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, and more. The extension stores of the web browsers include Hola VPN in their libraries. All you have to visit the respective extension site to search for the VPN and get it in a few minutes. Then, sign in if required and connect to the server you want easily.
Hola VPN has equipped itself with thousands of servers and millions of IPs in over 190 countries. So, you can access any website, movies, TV shows, and games with Hola VPN. It includes popular apps like Netflix, HBO, Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube, and much more content. Also, you can break any geographical restrictions.
In this section, let us learn more about Hola VPN and about the ways to access it on your Android TV.
Subscription Packages for Hola VPN
Hola VPN is a free app, and you can access it for free. However, it has a premium tier that gives you additional features. You can explore all three subscription plans for Hola VPN from its official website.
How to Install Hola VPN on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Hola VPN in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Hola VPN from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the Hola VPN app.
7. Sign in to the app with the valid credentials or sign up with the new account.
8. Connect to the server location you want and then start accessing the media content or app you want.
How to Sideload Hola VPN APK on Android TV
If you can’t find the Hola VPN ap on the Play Store of Android TV, then you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to connect the location wherever you want.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link of Hola VPN APK latest version: bit.ly/3EXB4mR
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Smart TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Hola VPN app and enjoy hassle-free internet surfing on your TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
Sharp Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
Hola VPN Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the Hola VPN app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like app freezing, improper connectivity, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Hola VPN accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
Hola VPN Alternatives
If you feel that Hola VPN isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to use the VPN service. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Hola VPN.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hola VPN has an Android TV version so that you can easily download it on your TV from the Google Play Store.
If you get the APK file of Hola VPN from the official source, then it is completely safe to use for your TV.
You can install the Hola VPN MOD APK with the sideloading method. However, it is not advisable to install this illegal format as the modified version of any app is developed by third-party developers.