HISTORY is an American TV channel and a media streaming service owned by A&E Network. It was launched in 1995 as The History Channel and focused on documentaries based on history. However, at present, it has a variety of contents, including reality programs. You can find interesting documentaries on science, technology, composers, aliens, and much more on HISTORY. The channel has its own versions in other countries as well. Some of which include Canada, India, Australia, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East. Let’s discuss everything we need to know about adding HISTORY on Android TV.
The HISTORY app has all of the HISTORY categorized so that you can find them with ease. Some of the popular shows on HISTORY include Pawn Stars, Swamp People, American Pickers, The Curse of Oak Island. Also, the app has exclusive clips of its shows that you can’t see anywhere else.
The HISTORY app is free to download and use. However, you need to log in with details of your TV provider in the HISTORY app. Some of such popular TV providers include AT&T TV, COX, Dish, Hulu, Philo, Xfinity, Optimum, and Spectrum.
HISTORY on Android TV
The HISTORY channel has its app available for download on Android TV. You can download it like any other app on your TV from the Play Store. Also, you can stream HISTORY live on the app of your TV provider on Android TV. For instance, you can watch the live History channel on Philo, Hulu, and AT&T TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV STREAMS
- Mi Box
- AIR TV
How to Install HISTORY on Android TV
1. Firstly, press the Home or Menu button of your remote.
2. Click on the Apps tab on the screen.
3. Tap the Search icon on your screen.
4. Search for the HISTORY app.
5. Pick up the HISTORY app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button.
7. Launch the HISTORY app on your TV by pressing the Open button.
8. Sign in with details of your TV provider.
9. Start streaming the history shows on your Android TV.
How to Cast HISTORY on Android TV
1. Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as the Chromecast device.
2. If you don’t have the HISTORY app on your smartphone, install it from either the Play Store.
3. Open the HISTORY app and sign in to your account.
4. Play any video on the app that you want to watch on your TV.
5. From the top-right corner, click on the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list.
7. Now, the HISTORY app’s video content will appear on your TV.
8. To stop the casting, click the Cast icon and tap Disconnect.
How to Sideload HISTORY on Android TV
If you face difficulty while adding the HISTORY app on your Android TV, you can simply choose to sideload it on your TV. This method can be divided into three steps as follows.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading HISTORY app using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and then launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader by AFTV news app.
3. Click on the Downloader app icon from the suggestions and the Install button.
4. After a few minutes, depending on your internet speed, the Downloader app will be installed on your Android TV.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
Downloader app needs you to make some changes to your Android TV settings. With these changes, you can sideload the HISTORY app.
1. Launch the Settings of your Android TV from its home screen.
2. On the menu, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
4. Select the Downloader option and turn on the toggle.
Installing HISTORY app on Android TV using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Select the Allow option when a prompt appears on your screen.
3. Enter the HISTORY channel apk for Android TV URL in the search bar.
4. To download the app APK, click on the Go option.
5. Start installing the HISTORY APK on your Android TV by tapping the Install button.
6. Once the download completes, open the HISTORY app and watch your favorite content.
Other Devices that support HISTORY
Apart from Android TVs, there are a lot of other devices to enjoy your favorite shows on HISTORY. Here is a list of supported devices.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android phone
- Samsung Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I watch History TV on my Android TV?
The HISTORY channel has its app on the Google Play Store for Android TV. You can simply download the HISTORY app on your device easily.
2. Can you cast the History app?
The HISTORY smartphone application supports casting. So, you can cast the History app on any of the cast-supported TVs.