HISTORY has a variety of content, including reality programs, and documentaries based on historical importance. On your Android TV, it is the best platform to explore new information and adventures. Fortunately, History Channel has a dedicated app on the Play Store of Android TV. So, you can get it with the direct installation.
However, sideloading is another method you can choose if you can’t find the History app on the Play Store. Apart from the installation, you can stream the media content from the History Channel through screen mirroring from the mobile app or web browsing as it has a web version to access its content.
You can find interesting documentaries on science, technology, composers, aliens, and much more on HISTORY. Some of the popular shows on this platform include Pawn Stars, Swamp People, American Pickers, and The Curse of Oak Island. Also, the app has exclusive clips of its shows that you can’t see anywhere else.
Let’s discuss everything you need to know about the methodologies that make streaming the HISTORY Channel on Android TV possible.
Table of Contents
You don’t need any subscription or membership plans to stream media content from the History Channel. All you need is a TV provider subscription to enjoy streaming History on your TV. You can unlock the History Network library by just entering your TV credentials. Here are the few popular TV providers that have History in their channel lineup.
- AT&T U-verse
Visit the official site of History to find out the complete list of TV providers streaming the History channel. If you haven’t opted for a TV provider, you can go for some streaming services like Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, Philo, fuboTV, and DirecTV Stream to watch the History Network channel.
How to Install History on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter History in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select History from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the History app.
How to Install History on Android TV Outside the US
If you can’t find History in the Play Store in your country other than the US, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of History APK latest version: bit.ly/46iQvBS
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the US server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the History app and watch your desired media content.
How to Watch History Using Browser
History has a dedicated webpage to access its live broadcasting. You can access the History website using any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (history.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Now, you can watch the live streaming of History on your Android TV.
How to Cast History on Android TV
The History is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the History from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
1. Install the History from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the History on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the content you stream on the smartphone will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
How to Fix Not Working Issues of History on Android TV
If the History app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the History application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the History app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that History isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to History.
Frequently Asked Questions
The HISTORY channel has its app on the Google Play Store for Android TV. You can simply download the HISTORY app on your device easily.
Yes. The History Channel is available for free on the Android TV. But, you should configure with the TV provider to stream its content on your TV. Otherwise, you should pay for any of the streaming services that offer this platform.