If you use a HikVision product, you need the Hik-Connect app to track the surveillance monitor devices of your home and business areas. Especially for Android TVs, you must be looking to install the Hik-Connect app to monitor videos on the big screen. Unfortunately, Hik-Connect doesn’t have a standalone app for Android TVs. Currently, the app is available only for smartphones. So, you must sideload it using Downloader on your TV.
In this curated guide, we will walk you through the sideloading steps for the Hik-connect app on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Hik-Connect APK on Android TV
As mentioned earlier, the Hik-Connect app is unavailable for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the Hik-Connect APK URL in the required field.
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and start tracking your surveillance monitor.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Hik Connect on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the Hik Connect app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the Hik Connect application on your device.
- If there is a new version available for Hik Connect, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Clear the app cache files for the Hik Connect app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems and then setup your Smart TV to install the app again.
Hik Connect Alternatives
If you feel that Hik Connect isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other platform to track your surveillance cameras. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Hik Connect.
No. Unfortunately, the Hik Connect app is unavailable on Sony Android TV. Alternatively, you can install the app using Downloader with the support of an APK file.
No. The Hik-Connect app doesn’t support working on Windows PC and Mac devices.