HDToday is one of the top-notch streaming platforms that provides countless movies, TV series, and popular web series at no cost. But, we are sorry to say that there is no official app for HDToday on the Play Store of Android TV. Instead, you need to sideload HDToday APK or screen mirror it from your mobile to stream its content on TV. Also, you can use its official website to watch your favorite media content.
With the HDToday app, you can explore more media content with more features like HD streaming, captions, offline streaming, a simple user interface, and a lot more. Unlike other free streaming sites, HDToday offers a dedicated section for Netflix content. So, it is a perfect streaming platform to watch Netflix content for free.
In this article, we’ve discussed the procedures you should follow to sideload, web surf, and screen mirror the HDToday platform on Android TV.
How to Sideload HDToday APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the HDToday app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for HDToday APK latest version: bit.ly/3s0qbxt
13. Click Go to download the HDToday APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Watch HDToday Using Browser
HDToday has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of numerous movies/shows/series. As the simplest way, you can access the HDToday platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://hdtoday.tv/home] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the profile avatar and Log in with your account details.
NOTE: Remember, you can also access this streaming platform without an account. If you want to explore more features and benefits, then you can create a new account or sign in with your existing account.
5. Then, you can access your desired media content for free on your Android TV.
How to Cast HDToday on Android TV
If you can’t find the cast icon on the HDToday app, then you need to use the screen mirroring feature of your Android smartphone to stream the app’s media content to your TV screen.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the HDToday app on your Android smartphone from any trusted third-party site.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the HDToday app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
HDToday Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the HDToday app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for HDToday accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that HDToday isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream free movies/series. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to HDToday.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The HDToday app is not available on the Play Store of Android TV. Instead, you should sideload it or screen mirror its content to stream it on your TV.
Yes. HDToday is illegal. This is because it provides content from other websites without getting any official permission.