HBO GO is an American streaming platform that is not available in all countries. You can install HBO GO on Android TV and other smart TVs like Samsung and LG. After the launch of HBO Max, the number of HBO GO app users is reduced drastically. Now, some of the users are reporting performance and cast issues with the HBO GO app. If the HBO GO app is not working on your Samsung Smart TV, you can fix it with ease.
Why HBO GO Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
THE HBO GO app on your Samsung Smart TV may not work due to several reasons. Your device may suffer from network or software glitches. If you are using a VPN service to watch the videos and shows on HBO GO, you will get performance issues.
Fixes for HBO GO Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- Check Network Connection
- Check Compatibility
- Restart Router
- Clear Cache and Data
- Update HBO GO
- Uninstall and Reinstall HBO GO
- Powercycle Samsung Smart TV
- Update Samsung Smart TV
- Reset Samsung Smart Hub
- Factory Reset Samsung Smart TV
- Contact Support
Check Network Connection
As HBO GO is a video streaming service, a good internet connection plays a major role in streaming videos. The required internet speed for HBO GO is 3 to 3.1 Mbps. You can easily check the internet connection on your Samsung Smart TV using the below steps.
1. Go to Settings on your Samsung home screen.
2. Then, select General.
3. Click Network and choose the Network Status.
4. You will get all the details of your internet connections.
5. If you are getting the same issue, go for the next fix.
One of the biggest mistakes that we don’t check is the compatibility of both the device and the app which is downloaded. The first and foremost step before downloading any apps or services on your Samsung Smart TV is checking the compatibility. Samsung Smart TV models that are manufactured after 2018 can access the HBO GO app. For older versions, you can’t get the HBO GO app. If your Samsung TV is compatible and still getting issues, try the next fix.
If your router is having any issues, then all the devices that work with the internet may not work properly. Restarting your router can solve this issue. Restarting the router is similar to restarting your Samsung Smart TV.
1. Unplug the power cable of your router from the power outlet.
2. Then, wait for a few minutes and plug the power cable of your router back into the power outlet.
3. After restarting your router, connect it with your Samsung Smart TV.
4. Check whether the HBO GO is working properly or not. If not, move on to the next fix.
Clear Cache on Samsung TV
When you have been using the Samsung TV for more than one year, a lot of cache files will be stored. Clearing the cache data on your Samsung Smart TV will make the apps run smoother. It also enhances the storage capacity of your Samsung Smart TV. To clear cache on Samsung Smart TV,
1. Open the Settings on your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Click on the Apps icon.
3. Choose the System Apps button.
4. Click on the HBO GO app and select Clear Cache.
5. Tap the OK button and open the HBO GO app to check for any issues.
Update HBO GO
If you are using the older version of the HBO GO app, there are chances that your HBO GO app may have some bugs. To remove those bugs, you need to use the latest version of the HBO GO app.
1. Open the Smart Hub on your Samsung Smart TV and click on Apps.
2. Then, click on the Settings icon.
3. Click on Updates.
4. Search and select HBO GO and update it if the updates are available.
5. After the update, open the HBO GO app and stream the video content. If the app is not working, you can delete the old HBO GO app and install the new version on the Smart Hub.
Uninstall and Reinstall HBO GO
1. Select Apps from the home screen and click on Settings.
2. Scroll and find the HBO GO app from the list of apps available on your device.
3. Select the HBO GO app and click on Uninstall.
4. Then, head back to the Smart Hub on your Samsung Smart TV.
5. Go to the Apps menu and install the HBO GO app.
6. Open the HBO GO app and check if the issue is resolved or not. If not, try the next fix.
Power Cycle Samsung Smart TV
Power cycling is similar to restarting your Samsung Smart TV. Simply unplug the power cable of your Samsung Smart TV from the power outlet and wait for some time. At this time, all the features and customized settings on your TV will be refreshed. Then, plug the main power cable back into the power source and turn on your TV. After power cycling your Samsung Smart TV, all the apps and services installed will work properly. With this, you can also solve the flickering issues and apps not displaying on the Smart Hub issues.
Update Samsung Smart TV
Update your Samsung TV parallelly when updating the apps. Sometimes the app version may not support the version of your Samsung Smart TV.
1. Go to Settings and click on Support.
2. Select Software Update and click Update.
3. You can also enable the Auto Update option to update your Samsung Smart TV automatically.
Reset Samsung Smart Hub
Sometimes, issues will arise when the data on the Smart Hub is corrupted. Due to this, the apps installed on your TV will get affected. To resolve this, you can reset the Smart Hub.
1. On your Samsung home screen, go to Settings.
2. Select the Support option.
3. Scroll down and choose the Self Diagnosis menu.
4. Choose the Reset Smart Hub option.
5. Click the OK button to reset the Smart Hub.
6. After resetting the Smart Hub, install the HBO GO app and check if the error is resolved or not.
Factory Reset Samsung Smart TV
A factory reset erases all the data and customized settings on your Samsung Smart TV. If none of the fixes are not working, you can reset the TV.
1. Press the Home button on your TV remote and go to Settings.
2. From there, select Support followed by Self-Diagnosis.
3. Select Reset. You have to enter the PIN that you created for your smart TV.
4. A warning message will be displayed and press Enter on your TV remote to factory reset the TV.
5. After the reset, set up your Samsung TV and install the HBO GO app.
6. The issue may be resolved.
The above-mentioned fixes are the ones that you can try to solve the HBO GO app not working on your Samsung TV. If they are not working for you, you have to contact the HBO or Samsung support platform.
Related Troubleshooting Articles
- HBO Max Not Working on Samsung TV
- YouTube Not Working on Samsung TV
- Disney Plus Not Working on Samsung TV
- ESPN App Not Working on Samsung TV
To reset HBO GO on Samsung TV, you have to clear the HBO GO app cache.
You can update the HBO GO on your Samsung Smart TV from the Smart Hub Store.