Hangouts is a chat application developed by Google. The app has the facilities to message your friends, start voice calls, and video calls with your contacts. Just like other chat applications, Hangouts has features for group chats of up to 150 people as well. Also, the app supports images, videos, maps, emojis, stickers, and GIFs. In addition, conduct group video calls with as many as ten participants. You can access the Hangouts app on multiple devices and sync the account across all the devices. Now, let’s move on to how to add and stream Hangouts on Android TV.
Table of Contents
Hangouts on Android TV
Hangouts app doesn’t have an official app on the Android TV Play Store. So, let’s find out other methods to access Hangouts on your device.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Get Hangouts on Android TV
As the Hangouts app is not available for Android TVs, you need to sideload the Hangouts app. The process of sideloading involves three sections.
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Power on the Android TV and launch Google Play Store from the home screen.
2. Navigate to the Search icon and search for the Downloader by AFTV news.
3. Choose the Downloader app icon from the search results and click on the Install button.
4. Now, the Downloader app will be installed on your TV.
If you want, you can also check our detailed guide on how to install Downloader on Android TV.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
1. From the home screen of your Android TV, launch the Settings menu.
2. From the Settings menu, select the Security & Restrictions option and the Unknown Sources option.
3. Navigate to the Downloader option from the Settings menu.
4. Pick up the Downloader app from the menu and enable it using the toggle.
Downloading Hangouts on Android TV
1. Open the new Downloader app and click on Allow option as soon as a prompt appears.
2. Type in the Hangouts for Android TV apk URL.
3. Next, click on the Go option and initiate the Hangouts APK download.
4. Once the app download is finished, install the Hangouts APK on your TV.
5. Open the Hangouts app on your TV.
6. Sign in with your Google account and start texting with your friends.
How to Screen Mirror Hangouts on Android TV Using Android Smartphones
1. Firstly, connect both your Android TV and your Android phone to the same WiFi network.
2. Tap the Cast icon and pick up your Android TV from the list.
3. Launch the Hangouts app on your Android phone.
4. Finally, you can access Hangouts on your Android TV.
Other Supported devices
- Android phones
Frequently Asked Devices
Google Hangouts can be accessed on your Smart TV by sideloading its APK file.
Yes, you can use Google Meet on Android TV by using a browser.