Google has introduced a new OS for smart TVs in the name of Google TV. It provides a new and user-friendly interface for smart TVs. It gives personalized recommendations based on your watching history. Like Android TV, you can install apps from the Play Store. It also supports Chromecast, which you can use to watch media content from a smartphone. You will also get a lot of accessibility settings on Google TV. If you want to use Google TV UI on your Android TV, you can use it easily with the LauncherX app.
How to Install Google TV on Android Smart TV
Before knowing the procedure, you must check the Android TV OS version on your Android TV. Because you can install Google TV on Android Smart TV only if it runs on Android OS 9.0 and above. To check the OS version, navigate to Settings >> Device >> Preferences >> About >> Version.
To install Google TV, you need to download the Google App for Android TV (version 184.108.40.2061218010 ) and Google TV apk (LauncherX) on your smartphone or computer. Once installed, proceed with the following steps to install Google TV on your TV.
1. Install the Solid Explorer app on your Android TV from Play Store.
2. Now, go to Settings >> Device Preferences >> Security & Restrictions >> Unknown Sources >> toggle the switch for Solid Explorer.
3. Transfer both apk files to your Android TV through the “Send Files to TV” app from your PC or smartphone.
4. Once done, open the Solid Explorer and find both apks.
5. Next, install the Google App by clicking on it.
6. Once the app is installed, install the Google TV app.
7. Further, install Home Screen Launcher for Android TV from the Play Store.
8. After the installation, launch the app on your Android TV.
9. When you launch the Home Screen Launcher app, it will detect the LauncherX app automatically.
Note: LauncherX is the official launcher for the Google TV UI.
10. Now, you will see Google TV running on your Smart TV. Start using Google Assistant, personalized recommendations, synced watchlists, and more on your TV.
12. Whenever you open Home Screen Launcher on Android TV, it will directly open the Google TV UI.
How to Set Google TV as a Default Launcher
1. Got to Settings >> Network and Internet >> WiFi network. You will see the IP address of your network. Make a note of it.
2. Navigate to Settings >> Device Preferences >> About >> tap on the Build menu.
3. Click on the Build menu continuously to enable the Developer Options.
4. Return to the Device Preferences and tap Developer Options.
5. Flip the switch near USB Debugging.
6. Then, go to your PC and install ADB.
7. Once installed, type
adb connect ipaddress (your network IP address) command to connect your Android TV wirelessly.
8. Check in the box starting Always Allow from this computer and click the OK button.
9. Run the
adb devices command to make sure that your computer is connected to your Android TV.
10. Then, run the
adb shell pm uninstall-user com.google.android.tvlauncher command to delete the Android TV launcher.
11. Once done, immediately the Google TV UI will come on the TV screen.
12. If you get any glitches, go back to the stock launcher and run the
adb shell cmd package install-existing com.google.android.tvlauncher command.
13. When you restart the Android TV, repeat step no 7 to establish the connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install Google TV on Android TV.
Google TV is the best one as it comes with all the new technologies and features to enhance the user’s experience.